PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
So I gotta say I think my pipe addiction has reached new levels. This is the first summer I have smoked almost every day after 3-4 years of casual piping. There's a couple things I've done that really let me know I'm hooked.
1) I've repeatedly set my alarm in the middle of the night (when I have to get up very early to manage a bank) to bid on pipes or tobacco. Nothing like the rush of bidding on a vintage tin at 3 in the morning! Glad my wife is a heavy sleeper and hasn't heard the alarm yet. 8O
2) This morning I woke up and realized in my dream I had been smoking a pipe. I don't even stop smoking while I'm sleeping! I'm currently reading Rick Newcombe's "In Search Of Pipe Dreams" which may have something to do with that.
So share, when was it you realized you were hooked? Maybe it's stuff you still do...

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
When I bought a satchel to carry my pipe case and travel pouches of tobacco. I figured I had a problem when I started to accessorise!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When family brings back pipe and tobacco gifts from overseas trips. Not a bad thing!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Signs You're a Serious Piper
When your sorry ass sits here looking at 70 pipes and 350lbs of tobacco, and just justified to your wife last night the reasons you REALY NEEDED that order for 2 more pipes and that pound of tobacco you just ordered... :rofl:

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
When its Friday night and your friends invite you to go out. And your too excited to spend the evening till the wee hours playing with a new piece of equipment. Even the "good" pictures you get sent to entice you to spend some time don't work to pull your attention from building its new stand.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I realized it when I put down the cigars once and for all (not entirely but 95% of the way there and that is close enough for me).

~Ron

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I'm with Ron. I never thought I'd give up cigars almost completly. Now they are a rare thing. Of course buying all the needed items for pipes smoking and having extra stands, jars just waiting in the wings....its serious at that point.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
mrjerke I'll make you a trade:
You let me smoke your vintage baccys.

I'll let you come play guitar at church with me!
Win-Win for me!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm with Ron. I never thought I'd give up cigars almost completly. Now they are a rare thing
I have (or used to have -sharing them with friends) a whole large custom made humidor of cigars. Now I'm happy if I can just remember to add water to the thing!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
+1 Ron. Smoked a pipe occasionally in the late eighties but social necessities moved me to cigars. Golf, business and social events were not, and still not pipe friendly.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
pipe smoking wearing gloves because it's below freezing and the BOSS won't let you smoke indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.