Tags:  No tags yet. 

Sig Sauer P226

(20 posts)
  1. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm on the fence here.

One of my coworkers has a Sig Sauer P226 for sale. Less than 1K rounds pushed through it and he's chucking in a holster, three high capacity mags and 300 rds. of dirty Russian 9mm.

The asking price is $550.00.

I'm really intrigued by the Sig Sauer reputation but I've always been happy with the S&W Model 659 I've owned for almost thirty years.

Of course, insult loves injury, right? Last night my Canadian crack dealer offered me first rights of refusal on a lot of drop dead gorgeous Blatter pipes - still one of the best kept secrets in the pipe smoking world - and today I found out about an upcoming auction of BSA (Scouts not motorcycles) collectibles that would fill multiple holes in my collection dating back to the 1930's.

So, yeah, I'm dithering right now. Any Sig Sauer people care to weigh in?

Fnord

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says - like dumb - I'm smart and I want respect!
    Fredo Corleone
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

murica

Login to Send PM

Ehh. I have carried and owned quite a few. I use to really enjoy shooting the various Sig models, but my shooting adjusted and the guns just didn't do it for me anymore. But the price is a decent price.

Is this for an EDC or just to have? That would be the first question.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That is a great firearm but not ideal for concealed carry a bit thick and heavy, that was my issued firearm when I was in plain clothes, hated it, but the performance and reliability is un matched. Personaly Im a Glock .40cal kind of guy so Id go with the Blatter pipes

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Sig 226 is a great handgun with superb engineering. I used to own one, and probably never should have sold it. That being said, I agree with Pagan- it is too big and heavy for a 9mm. I don't mind 9mm as a round, and in fact still a 9mm. I think that 9mm platforms are better served by a more svelte design, though, such as a CZ or Browning Hi-Power. So, my advice is to pass on the P-226 and buy the pipes.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've owned one for almost 30 years and though I love it, I have to agree with what has been said above. It is really a 9mm built on a .45 frame. The price is fantastic, though, and Sigs are great shooters.

". . . I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
    - INVICTUS
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks, everybody.

I do appreciate the input.

Fnord

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personaly Im a Glock .40cal kind of guy so Id go with the Blatter pipes

So, my advice is to pass on the P-226 and buy the pipes.

Listen to Pagan and aldecaker. They are wise.

-- Pat

PS - Inbound Blatter listings heading to the Buy & Sell this weekend.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. dochudson

dochudson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have the p226 in 357sig one damn nice pistol.

I Enjoy Aromatics
    I Enjoy Peterson Pipes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I swear to f'ing god.... you sell a bunch of stolen guns to a cult and suddenly you're a "felon" and never allowed to own a gun again. What a bunch of crap.

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. cabinfever

cabinfever

Login to Send PM

As someone that owns numerous firearms, and as a former Eagle Scout, I am more interested in your BSA collection. What do you collect?

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. akfilm

akfilm

Login to Send PM

Do you already have a pistol, esp, for EDC? If not, buy the gun. It's a proven frame. If you have some other guns, don't give up the chance to fill your pipe collection with something you've been chasing. My two cents.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice firearm, used one for training while doing ______ for the _______. And I do prefer firearms with hammers on them,personal thing. I would go for it, sounds like a good deal.

John
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not for EDC, Murica and AKfilm. I just admire the Sig Sauer product line and wanted to add one to the stable.

Cabin, I collect the Original 12 Regions, several OA lodges in Kansas and Missouri plus National Jamboree items going all the way back to the one that never was.

I already have four Blatters and so many other great pipes that rarely get fired up, but Patty has always been the devil in my ear.

So it goes.

Fnord

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a huge fan of Sig's. Great shooters. If you have a hole in your arsenal, that price is great for a Sig. If you have to register it (of course you do... unless you don't) then that drops the appeal.

To be honest, if the BSA stuff coming your way is super rare... I would go that way. Sigs and Pipes will always be around.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To revisit my earlier comments, I do think the Sig 226 and 229 are excellent firearms, not ideal for EDC, if you need/want a great shooting pistol, a night stand gun or a truck gun then go for it, if you'r looking for a CCW then shop around, guess that was my point

If your like me you don't NEED more pipes or guns, but with a decision like that Im glad Im not you

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. loomongous

loomongous

Login to Send PM

I have owned many SIGs. They are excellent weapons, and the price you have been offered is good. But collectables would be my choice. P226s are common compared to Blatter pipes. The scouting stuff may be even scarcer. At the end of the day, all of my modern pistols are tools and easily replaced or purchased when the budget or mood strikes me. Rarities and collectables are more of a right place at the right time purchase.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

gmjabsky

Login to Send PM

DA/SA triggers drive me nuts...maybe just too used to bullseye pistols. P226 is great after I miss with my first round.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree. Except for almost any Glock, I shoot revolvers must more accurately .

So....I'd go Glock. No extraneous safeties. It's plug and play.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. dread

dread

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Likewise here. I transitioned to Glock years ago and now the Sigs only come out for fun range days. I always missed on the first shot with DA/SA too!

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hope you folks won't mind a bit of a thread-jack. My p226 stayed with me the longest after leaving the service. Don't own any now, not a gun guy by any stretch and am pretty far out of the loop. Work is requiring me to conceal carry for a travel assignment next month. Thinking about a p238 and figured you folks may have come across it in your travels.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   spartan99, pitchfork, 3rdguy, cshubhra, marc75, smudgersmissingleg, rodo, yohanan, jguss, bullet08, frankrem, darthvader, jiminks