PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
So I have two very time intensive classes this term (4 in total). I have 3 essays due in the next 24 hours and about 300 pages to read. So I felt it the perfect time to get a debilitating fever/head cold. I can't really even focus on the readings, let alone write coherently.
But enough of that madness. Now I am helping my wife rip up all the carpet, padding, and bottom 2 feet of the walls because it has a slow leak down there and we found mold. Grr.
I just want some nyquil and a nap. Grr
Edit: it's our basement. Forgot to mention it. Sorry I'm sick.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I feel ya, found some mold not too long ago and had to replace lots of drywall. :(

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Man... I'm so glad I'm out of school. I hated multiple heavy load classes in the same term. Sounds like you need a pipe. If you're like me though, there's no pipes when being sick. Good luck with the classes, and good luck with the mold removal.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Your situation is a perfect example of Kelly's Law. Murphy's Law says "if it can go wrong, it will". Kelly's Law says "Murphy was an optimist". Persevere.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Sucks now, but you'll get through it. Here's to a speedy recovery and getting stuff done ... :puffy:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thank you everyone! We have most of the bad stuff out. Need to wait til I am well to dig new drainage on the end of house. At least now we can instantly deal with any water that comes in.
You guys are the greatest!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Wyfbane, hang in there. I remember when I was in school and face that evil known as papers, reading, longer papers and even more reading. You will make it, and someday you may even look back at this time and be glad that you were able to overcome such difficulties. Keep taking those steps forward. :)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My sympathies! We had a slow leak in a first floor closet some years back. Ended up gutting it out to the studs and building it out into a bathroom. Always wear a respirator when doing stuff like that.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
Yup, did the mold thing last year in the basement after the ice on the roof took out a vent stack seal.

I didn't think of it at the time and didn't wear any respirator, got a lung infection for being stupid.
Classes, mold, carpeting, fever, essays,,,,my sympathies.

Status
Not open for further replies.