Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have caught that walking pneumonia crap, which is aggravating my cracked rib. So, I haven't been able to smoke since Friday. I used to have to take sleeping medication to get to sleep, before I picked up the pipe. And, then I learned that smoking a heavy nic blend would put me to sleep, and I got rid of all of the pills and stocked up on H&H Steamroller, DR Picayune, twists, and some other heavy N blends. I even have a good selection of some heavy duty cigars to ease myself to sleep. But, since getting sick, I haven't had more than a 30 minute catnap at a time. I did try to smoke my pipe last night, but just the initial char lighting sent me to coughing. So... nope.

I know that I have an addiction to nicotine. But, with the pipe it's not like cigarettes. I know that as soon as I am able, I will be packing a bowl. But, I'm not grumpy and all... well, hell yeh, I'm grumpy, and sneezy, and coughy, and sleepy, and achy, and all of the rest of the dwarves. I hope this goes away soon, so that I can go back just being one dwarve at a time.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
It's the worst! Struggling with a lingering cough here after the flu, but nothing like walking pneumonia. Hope you start mending up soon.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hope this thing clears up for you real soon. Have you considered a pneumonia vaccine? It probably wouldn't help with the current episode, but you can discuss it with a doctor.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
That's a tough combination for sure. The pneumonia calls for deep, full breaths. The cracked rib would prefer you didn't do that. You and your wife need to start splitting the ailments.
You have my sympathy. I'm betting you are a cranky patient. So, my sympathies to your lovely spouse also. And, your neighbors. Customers also. Well, anyone who has to carry on social intercourse with you. Any other type of intercourse is out of the question I'm sure. At least until the rib heals.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy Cosmic. I used to do the same thing with snuff. I would hit White Elephant hard at late night and off to sleep I would go, and when snuff started to wear on me a bit I was lost as to how to fall asleep. Melatonin helped me a little. It may be worth a try. Get better soon.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Be careful with the pneumonia. My 37 year old son got the 'walking pneumonia' a couple of years ago, it got worse and he died from it. It turned into something they could not fix, very bad stuff.

Dec 28, 2015
I'm drinking Narwhal stout. That seems to induce sleepiness. Just saying. Of course I did have some jack knife plug also.

Thanks, I'm just zoning in and out. I think I'm on the mend. I've learned not to trust thermometers. Since we got rid of the mercury ones, I don't think any of them work very well. At my worst, shivering and sweating, it says I'm normal. And, when I am starting to feel better, it says I'm too hot. Nope, don't trust them at all.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Cosmic the mercury ones are the best, except that they don't sell them anymore. Really sorry to hear you are sick, take care of yourself, see a doctor maybe ... and don't fret about they pipe it will all be there for you when you get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.