PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Well, not really recently, but recently put back into rotation after hiatus. Some real nice finds here that I got super lucky on.

Mario Grandi that I picked up for $80. Slightly whimsical but still very functional. The wide bit is extremely comfortable and smokes very cool. I love this one a lot.

Stanwell that I bought from Marty Pulvers for $60. Incredibly lightweight for its size, the bowl is spacious and offers an all day smoke for someone like me. I real steal for what I paid for it.

Bjarne Pipe that I also acquired from Marty Pulver, who is a real class act by the way. Bought this for $55, and it originally had a defect where the stem meets the mortise, and after about a half a bowl, condensation would be so bad that it would leak out of the back of the mortice because the stem wouldn't attach correctly. Marty handled it amazingly, having me sending it off to his personal repair guy and picking up the bill. Can't say enough good things about that transaction.

Savinelli Trevi bought for $55. This is a dream shape for me, completely functional, and I think, incredibly beautiful in its simplicity. Once again, an easy all day smoker, smokes like a dream light and cool all the way to the bottom, an absolute must buy for me at that price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice pipes, nice prices. I like the bright stem, not on every pipe but on that one.

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks everyone. After the move a lot of my pipes got packed away, and like I mentioned earlier I took a hiatus from the hobby for a few years so I wasn't sure that these were going to get used any more, but I'm glad I kept them around because they are all champion smokers. My rotation now consists of around a dozen or so pipes, which given the amount that I smoke is plenty for me. I mean, you know, unless one of you wants to float me some money for one of those Talberts that we all keep drooling over. :wink:

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Nice pipes. I have a Mario Grandi that i have been eyeing for awhile. Just need to pull the trigger i guess.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
0718181419.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you buy selectively and get a little lucky, most pipes are a pleasure over the years for years to come, every time you take them off the rack. Surprising but often true.

Status
Not open for further replies.