PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Here's my current collection of Miniatures.

2nlxzjo.jpg

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
That Italian is rather unique, but my vote for So Ugly It's Cute goes to the YelloBole PUG. I'm looking forward to others sharing their collection on this thread.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I'm looking forward to others sharing their collection on this thread.
Me too! I buy these for my wife who seems to want to look at the more than smoke them and just share my smoker. She does smoke the bulldog a fair amount. I had a Miniature CPF which was really neat but sold it due to finances.

2mpehis.jpg

CPF Brand created in 1851 by Consolidated (or Colossus) Pipe Factory (Chesterfield Pipe Factory), taken over by KB&B in 1883.

Colossus_Pipe_Factory

NOTE: Bill Feuerbach on the Kaywoodie Forum: “About 10 years ago I picked up two original invoices from KB&B. One is dated February 5, 1884 and the other December 9, 1898. Both have the address as 129-131 Grand Street, which is in Soho, adjacent to the Bowery in New York City. The 1898 invoice has in the upper left hand corner the initials CPF and Trademark. So by 1898 KB&B was making it known to the trade that they owned the CPF trademark. The 1884 invoice does not have CPF on it. Therefore I think we can assume KB&B acquired or started the CPF line sometime between 1884 and 1898.”
Pipes have been seen with both the CPF logo and KB&B logo on them that date to pre-1900. The CPF brand was discontinued sometime in the 1910-1920 range. Bought out by S. M. Frank & Co

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here's a link to the Peterson Belgique that I own, offered at Iwan Ries:
http://www.iwanries.com/Peterson-Belgique-Rustic-P12279C251.cfm

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
All my pipes are fairly small. Here is my tsuge.

tsuge-0915-600x448.jpg

My Willmer lightweight. I love this pipe, but the bowl is super small. I love the shape and the bit.

willmer2-600x448.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I don't know what is considered miniature, but I have two that I figure fit the bill. First a little pipe my wife bought stamped Marvel. Never been smoked, and for some reason we haven't smoked it yet either. The next is my Olie Sylvester Bloody Knuckles meerschaum pipe, with the finger pipe tamper I made to go with it. Both pipes come in about 4" length. I like the meer for strong stuff like ropes, plugs and such.

img_00021-600x399.jpg

img_00044-600x463.jpg

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014

The bottom pipe is my smallest. A Butz Choquin Old French 1901. It does not get a lot of use. I thought it would be a quick smoke but it tends to last for a while.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What happens when I take stress out on a briar block.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/17845

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
This is a fun one…Thanks Hawke!
Bottom is my average size pot...above that is my Willmer Light Weight, then a Barontini Lite and finally a Mini Meer. I especially love the Willmer…great little smoker.

FullSizeRender-38_zps41hq0p2n.jpg

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Boy that tsuge is a looker sallow. So many great looking little guys here. The Bloody Knuckles meerschaum pipe is unique. You can find some keychain pipes which are just toys but these are real pipes! I think my KBB Bent is the coolest I have right now.

WDC Morocco Logo on pipe in 1st post

fx4i8l.jpg

KBB Chesterfield Logo on pipe in 1st post

11h8few.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was really surprised ... still am a little ... at what a long smoke you can get out of a small bowl, even a Group 1 or 2, and flake/plug/rope tobacco. it just burns slower, even once somewhat rubbed out. With loose tobacco I usually don't expect more than ten or fifteen minutes. With flake, if I just sip along in the usual way, a bowl can go twice that long. I don't want to exaggerate, but at first, I intended to only have a quick smoke, like during intermission outside a music venue, and they were flashing the house lights and ringing the bell by the time I finally landed back in my seat after finishing a smoke.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
and they were flashing the house lights and ringing the bell by the time I finally landed back in my seat after finishing a smoke.
Hahaha, I can relate. At work when we go out for a smoke I told them smoke break would never end if you guys wait on me to finish. I will continue to puff until we hit the door(which is risky rule breaking practice). When we pass a smoke station on the way to our work area, I'm always ready(with my pipe in pocket still slightly packed from the last time)to grab a quick relight. They think I'm gonna burn myself as I put it back in the side leg pocket(I do have to adjust it sometimes, LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.