PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Ill start it off with my two. The short hair one is named Sargent bigglesworth and my Persian's name is Cinder

Show us yours!

Cheers

Gunnar

E29E768B-108D-4CDF-A8D8-B19915A76566-8919-00000A70DC7ED783.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
We don't have any cats, but I do like them. We had a stray we took in many years ago. Named him Brindle. He was such a great cat. Never scratched, even when bathed. Was the epitome of patience.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Love the persian! I hope to get a cat (maybe an exotic shorhair) within the next year.
One of our two Siamese cats (living with my parente) just died on new years eve.

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
This is my cat Lulu. He is an asshole, but I still love him. He is a whopping 15lbs and is a Mainecoon cat.
lulu.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Maine coons are awesome. I have a grey tabby and her name is shitty. When she walks around meowing at me I tell her "no one likes a lippy pussy!" :rofl: She's pretty much a bitch to everyone except my wife and I but even then she gets testy with us sometimes thank god she has no front claws or I wouldn't be typing this right now I'd be in a pool of my own blood...

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
For those of us, like me, who are clueless about cats, but like them, how do you pick a good cat? And how do you set up the litter box thing so that your house does not smell like cat pee? I am not wanting to be snide here, I am really thinking about getting a cat, but I am clueless about the breeds and I have smelled some pretty funky cat smells in a few people's houses. I don't mind the smell of Latakia, but I do mind the smell of cat pee... :)

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I have one cat but the litter box is in my laundry room and I use the litter for multiple cats and small spaces and it works well. Just have to keep up on scooping it. And stick with one female cat and you shouldn't have any issues. I added another cat a few years ago and I no longer have an ottoman, love seat, and tempurpedic mattress because of it...she lives in SoCal now.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Joe Hearn,
the reality is that cats, and dogs, are going to mess up and break things in your house.Cats always, and the larger the dog, the bigger the potential messes. Proper training (which is far beyond the scope of this posting) of dogs, and patience and catproofing houses, will minimize, but not eliminate.
Cats, dogs, and kids are hard on houses and wives, but worth every minute of it.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
how do you pick a good cat?
They tend to pick you. They just sort of show up and say, "Hi. I'm your cat. Feed me. Also, your bed belongs to me now, unless I decide your chest is more comfortable. If I poop in your shoe it means you were bad."

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
how do you pick a good cat?
I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend that you stay away from orange tabbys. Can't say that I right about this, but I've never met one that didn't have a nasty streak.
And unlike dog breeds, where each breed maintains certain characteristics, cats don't seem to be predictable so I would recommend an older cat from a shelter so you can gauge its temperament.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Here is Smokey whom my wife named after Tony Stewart (a.k.a. "Smoke", her favorite NASCAR driver). Coincidentally, an appropriate name for a cat owned by a pipe smoker!! We thought the name fit because when he was a kitten, he would run across the room and look like a puff of smoke. Amy found him in the women's restroom at the library where she works. Some kids brought him in out of the rain hoping someone would take this little guy home. He was about 6 weeks old and sick. My first cat that I ever owned after I left home passed away so my wife decided to bring this guy home. He is an awesome cat that is well behaved and instantly took to a little box. Smokey is sitting on my lap now (his usual place when I am on the computer or playing on the radios).
473049_3538820861835_1565388814_o-600x450.jpg

Inspecting the new toilet I installed.
326602_2785482228840_1273917825_o-600x338.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.