96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll kickstart the thread with 2 Svendborg in my collection.
My first Svendborg, a giant freehand. Was an emotional purchase, love the straight grain but is too big for me. Was sold to me by David Goosetree also known as Banjobob on ebay

gvRBueA.jpg

My second Svendborg O Danish Handcarved, procured from Mike at Briarblues

hFnC8Sh.jpg

DqErx2L.jpg

JxpBbUM.jpg

r9XtHSV.jpg

aYvfYcG.jpg

svuzgiU.jpg

Chris :puffpipe:

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
I only have one Svendborg, a black brandy with a particularly appealing blast. It is a BARK 'Handmade' pipe, which I understand to be the standard factory pipe. There is an'O' or '0' stamped on the store. I purchased it at an antique store for $10 because of the blast, and because it was of obviously higher quality than what I usually find around here. I knew nothing of the brand before acquisition.

lonesomepiper

Lurker
Dec 7, 2015
I have 2 Svendborgs that I treasure. One of them is a bulldog that shows what would became the signature bulldog design by Poul Ilsted. Here it is:

I dont have a picture of the other one right now. Its a straight blasted 9mm billiard. It is my absolute best ever pipe. A 'magical' smoker I would say. Smokes on auto and it 'has' a hidden smoke smoothing device of sorts inside of it. I say this because I almost cannot believe the quality of smoke I get from this pipe!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
One of them is a bulldog that shows what would became the signature bulldog design by Poul Ilsted.
Indeed! The same shape for W.O. Larsen as a smooth 124 and a sandblast 24,
larsen124-002-600x450.jpg

larsen-24-003-600x449.jpg

And a straight variation for W.O. Larsen as the 123,
wo123-600x397.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The timeline for Poul Ilsted,
“I had the ambition to make pipes, which were more beautiful than were those of the illustrated catalogs.”
In his new occupation he first worked 2 years for Nørding, then 2 years at the newly founded pipe factory, Svendborg with Jens Tao Nielsen, and finally an additional year with Nørding followed by nearly 2 years at W.Ø. Larsen in Copenhagen.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
And another large Svendborg freehand. Jens Tao Nielsen...?
svenborg1.jpg

svendborg3.jpg

svendborg2.jpg

photo credits to Mike Gluker.

Status
Not open for further replies.