PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
We've all seen collection of pipes, fully stocked cellars (looking at you Peck), artistic tampers and some really nice racks. But one thread we haven't had is an ashtray thread. The ashtray is still an important part of our hobby. I don't know if everyone has one, but they are still very useful and can be quite unique.
Mine was picked up in my first estate lot (6 pipes, a rack and the ashtray). I haven't seen another like it on eBay, Amazon, P&C. Nowhere. I like it in an ugly Art Deco kind of way, it has ... character.
image3-600x450.jpg

What do you use to hold your pipe when you set it down while smoking and where does your dottle end up?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Everything the ol' Cajun does is BIG.
Good looking stuff everyone. Those really yours, Peck, or are they on the wish list?

Dec 24, 2012
Nope, I own both. The first is an early 20th century art deco piece I picked up last year. The second is a briar ashtray made by Radice. I see neat pipes just got some more of the Radice ashtrays in the other day.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I mainly use candy dishes, with a cork knocker in the middle. But, I did find this old Syroco ashtray a few years ago.

Out on the patio, things things survive the moisture.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Here is my collection. Mostly cigar or cigs ashtrays, but I converted a couple. My first was the frosted Italian crystal two finger. It is nice and was $$$.
The stand was my wife's grandmothers. Love it.

forgot one.

cmdrmcbragg, love that ashtray. And who doesn't like a naked lady ashtray.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
the wife gifted me with a macbaren's just like petes for Christmas last year.
and she knows nothing of pipes.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
This is my shop ashtray. I don't really put ashes in it, I just dump them out on the concrete floor and sweep them up with the saw dust. I used to throw matches on the deck too until I set a pile of wood shavings on fire a couple years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.