PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'd like to take this opportunity to publically thank Harris (cigrmaster) for his help with my pipe education over the last 6 months or so. Even though I've been smoking cigars for many years, and actually began with pipes, my knowledge was rudimentary.
I know that there are many great members who willingly share coveted information about our hobby and freely give advice, and thank you to all of you.
For me, I have devolped a relationship with Harris away from the forum. He has consistantly advised me on pipe purchases, pipe care, tobacco choices and a myriad of other pipe realted stuff that has helped my pipe learning curve immeasurebly.
Not only that, he has willingly shared his info with some of my friends who do not belong to the forum.
Thank you, Harris

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Dervis
Just want to make sure that all of you guys/gals know that you have all helped me in this fascinating journey and I appreciate every one of your posts.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
He is a good man, and that's saying a lot these days, another man who like Harris has shared his knowledge is Roth , Harris and Roth are the 2 corner stones IMHO of this forum.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
+1 to Roth, I think he has helped me out with every problem I've ran across. I truly appreciate all the help.

That goes for many, many others here. Excellent bunch of fellows here. The forum is my home away from home and I sincerely appreciate all the wisdom that has been given to me, just for their love of the hobby. I love all yall guys!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That's great! It's awesome when complete strangers can help each other out. Of course over time that can lead to a friendship. It seems weird to those that don't understand it, but I've created many friends via my cigar forum, via YouTube and I plan to here as well. Its amazing the knowledge we can learn from one another while creating these friendships as well.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I, too, have been the recipient of gifts, tobacco "trys" and kind words from Harris, Bradley, Roth and so many others.
Brad wrote: "Harris and Roth are the 2 corner stones IMHO of this forum."
But, tbradsim1 sells himself short. He makes up my third corner and all of our mods anchor the four hole. (Lawrence, aside from your earlier "U-571" review, I always appreciate your gentle scoldings, daily thoughts and sidebar comments.)
The rest of you cats are extra gravy on the biscuit.
Fnord

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Yes, yes, yes. Roth's seemingly endless sea of knowledge of pipe facts and all things pipe related. I always make sure to read Roth's almost 10,000 posts, although sometimes I can't get to all of them. :)

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I'd just like to say that in my 40+ years of smoking pipes and tobacco, I have learned more here from Roth, Harris, Cortez, Bradley, (just bought a couple of the Estate Estallas, Bradley, based on your enjoyment of them) and many, many others than I have in all my years of doing this on my own. I wish I could think of all of the names here that have imparted great information.
For me, taking part here has been like one of my old mountain buddies told me once: "I'm going to daylight you."
This forum is just a treasure and I can truly say that I wish I had known about it sooner.
As for Harris, I'd also like to say a big thank you! He was willing to help me out when I had encountered a really bad situation on a pipe order. Very kind, very generous, and very heartfelt.
Thanks to all of you.

Dec 24, 2012
Kudos to Harris. And he has been in a much better mood since he found out he is Rad Davis's long lost brother . . .

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, it has been a pleasure getting to know you and to be able to help with any thing pipe related. You have been a good student who has been very eager to learn. I think it is important for people with more experience to share their knowledge with the new guys so hopefully we can help them enjoy this hobby more. I wish this site was around when I started, I would have saved a bundle of dough on blends that were burning the crap out of me. I also would have bought pipes differently.
Both Bradley and roth have helped me and I also appreciate their knowledge and friendship. Bradley was one of the first guys to really welcome me to this site and I will always be thankful for that. He is like the grandfather of this site in my opinion, you can always go to him with a question and he invariably has the answer. It is amazing that no matter how many years people have been at this, there is always something new to learn. I think that is what makes it so much fun, it never gets stale.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Kudos Harris, you've been a big help to me as well. You are very generous with your knowledge and it is appreciated. Good to have you on this forum.
Both Bradley and roth have helped me and I also appreciate their knowledge and friendship.
+1000

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Kudos to Harris. And he has been in a much better mood since he found out he is Rad Davis's long lost brother
:rofl:
Yes, there are certainly some great folks here and Harris is among the best. Kudos to you Harris and to the other great folks here!

Status
Not open for further replies.