PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Jim has generously sent me some tobacco samples and a tin of Balkan Sasieni. I absolutley loved the sample of Smoking Pipes Low County Black. I immediately ordered a few tins of LCB after the sample.
We have many generous members here in the forum, this is my thank you to Jim for his generousity.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Jim's a good man, and an asset to our little community here. He's been a real treat to learn from, and jaw with. It's nice to hear these stories. Thanks for sharing Trailspike.
-- Pat

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Very nice, fnord. Something about the pipe hobby brings out the best in people.
trailspike, what did you like about the Low Country Black? I bought a tin a couple of years ago and to me it just smelled weird -- like burnt plastic, maybe. The smoke was nothing like that, but still had a weirdly "off" flavor to it. I'm thinking now I got a bad tin because I can't imagine anyone raving about the LBC that I tried. I even gave it to a friend to try and he wasn't very excited about it either.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
pitchfork, I won't try to write a review, what I liked was the smooth, but not complex flavor. The latakia comes through, which I like, the virinias add a touch of sweetness. LCB smokes very well in my larger pipes so I get a nice long smoke with a few relights. It seemed if I had puffed like a train it would still have no bite. I consider it a good all day smoke.
I included a tin in my secret santa package, I sure hope it doesn't taste weird to Jordan.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Jim is a great guy. He has sent me some sample of a couple of Frog Morton blends. He is a great guy and I am greatful for having met him.

Aug 1, 2012
Jim is one of those guys you don't meet very often. Always kind, positive, helpful and fun to converse with.

Status
Not open for further replies.