PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I shared a pint of Rorbach's Scotch Ale with ae1pt this afternoon. We talked about pipes, tobacco, moderating forums and other various subjects. For my part it was a great way to meet another pipe smoker but more importantly, a true gentleman who, like me, has many interests and hobbies. When I walked into the pub, I recognized him from his avatar pic and the hat he's wearing in it. We talked about Balkan blends and the positive financial sense behind cellaring/hoarding tobacco.
Patrick, it was great meeting you and I look forward to our next meet-up. The drinks are definitely on me next time and maybe you can show me the finer points of IPA appreciation.
-Jason

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
the positive financial sense behind cellaring/hoarding tobacco.
I'm positively hopeful on this train of thought. It's the best excuse I can think of too.
tinner 8)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sounds like a good time gents! :clap:
As for IPA ... I could drink to that subject ad nauseam! :D
Have you tried the one from New Belgium Brewing called Rampant IPA? Good Stuff!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice post and glad you gentlemen met up and had a good time! If you're looking for an awesome IPA that will put you in LALA land after a couple, try Southern Tier's Hardcore IPA. It is an Imperial Ale with an ABC of 9.5%. Absolutely delicious!
I just got home from meeting up with Jeremy (sailorjeremy) again at our b&m. We're laying the foundation for the Hampton Roads Pipe club and have been recruiting and gaining interest. We'll see how things develop in the future. Jeremy met my gf last weekend and some of my other friends last weekend at our local watering hole with some of the best beers around, The Bier Garden. If any of you are in the Hampton Roads area of VA, drop us a line, we'd love to meet up and smokes some bowls!
3 or 4 of us are going up to the Richmond CORPS pipe show, so we'd love to meet some of you forum members there, too!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
nothing more important than remedying homelessness, confronting a complex set of issues including, treatment of

veterans, mental health issues, financing of moderately priced housing, and many others.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Patrick,

I'm sure you have a Wegman's near you as they've proliferated most of NY and much of PA for that matter. Look for the growlers in the beverage section. I know all the Rochester stores carry Rorhbach's, and I'd imagine others do too. Some others to try if you get the chance are: Highland Lager (light, crisp German-style beer. Good during the warmer months. All two of them.) and Vanilla Porter (yes, there is vanilla in there, and yes it is fantastic.).
Next time I'm out, I'll look for the Dogfish Head IPA. I'm sure I've seen it around.
Thanks again. It was a great time!
-Jason

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
ae1pt, I had the 2x Milk Stout a couple weekends ago, and that stuff is the tits. Very filling yet satisfying, with a high ABC%, which I love. I shudder to think how many calories per beer that brew contains. Then again, I don't really give a shit, I don't drink beer to cut/count calories, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.