PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
So my friend from out of town is coming up for a couple days, and he said he's bringing some Cubans with him. He's always been known as someone who knows how to get just about anything you can think of. I've never had a Cuban before. The closest I've had was non Cuban Cohiba. If cigars weren't so darn expensive, I'd be smoking them more often.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
guitar, let us know how you like them. Cubans are not that expensive. You can buy a machine bunched hand finished Cuban cigar for as little as 58.00 a box. The Quintero Brevas are a pretty good smoke for a couple of bucks a stick. The El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme which is a hand made 5.0 by 48 sized cigar is 183.00 for a box of 25.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Wow. Didn't know there were afordable ones out there. I will definitely look into the information you mentioned. Much appreciated!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
guitar, if you would like some sources let me know. I have been dealing with some for over a decade and they are considered some of the best in the world. What Americans forget is that everywhere else in the world Cuban are legal and tobacconists all over the world have been in business for decades.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have enjoyed Cuban cigars when I have been in Canada. It is my humble opinion, however, that they are not worth the premium prices that they frequently command, not to mention the issue of legalities.

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
I'm with Jud on this one. And I know that most folks just do the old 'wink and a nudge' the fact is that an American purchasing, possessing and smoking a Cuban on US soil is a crime. (And most folks don't care to draw attention to that.)

I've personally found that my favorite cigars are actually Nicaraguans.

I'll take them over most Cubans any day of the week.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Ive got a source for getting Cuban Cohibas...and honestly, other than the bragging rights and novelty of saying your smoking a real cuban among your friends, I find other cigars to be a better smoke. Not to say the ones Ive had I didnt enjoy, Ive just had better stuff from the dominican or nica.
However, enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.