PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have been looking at getting a new Duck gun, thought I decided on a Winchester SXP, but today I have available a like new Benelli Nova for about $50 less than the new SXP, guy at work has had it for 3 years but only used it for 1 season, I know it's in great condition and worth the money.
Ive been hunting for years with my old Winchester 1200 and I have many shotguns but I don't have a good Duck gun, so for you hunters out there Id like to hear your 2cents

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
Not sure about hunting but benelli's are nice, especially if you can get a deal.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mike they are both good, the only bad I heard of the Benilli is the screw in chokes have to be kept extra clean, but that's not a problem for a Vet like you, I'm a Winchester man myself. PS Since I wrote this there is a recall on some Winchester SXP models, goggle it Mike.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
Benelli's are great guns, but I have heard great things about the Winchesters. My brother has a SX3 and likes it. I would lean toward the Winchester for 2 reasons.. 1) You are able to remove the stock to if you ever wanted/needed to shim in order to raise/lower comb height. 2) Its new and with new comes warranty.
Most of my hunting buddies when they got their first duck gun it was either a Regington 870 Super Mag, or a Remington 887.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Thanks guys, Im realy a Winchester guy and Im prety sold on the SXP, (recall behind us for the slam fire problem), I have an old 870 Wingmaster, sweet gun but I passed it on to the Girlfriends son when he turned 18, that's why Im looking for a new bird gun
...had to ask though, sweet deal on a Benelli is hard to pass

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
I have the SX3 by Winchester and love it! My buddy has the Benelli super black eagle and it always freezes in cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.