PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I know a lot has been said about justforhim.com's Shortcut to Mushrooms already, but here's my 2 cents: I received my 3oz bag in the mail today, and have just now gotten an opportunity to try it. When I opened the bag the smell was intoxicating - it brought back childhood memories of our long gone local ol' Pipe and Cigar Shop - a light sweet vanilla and smoky spicy scent. I like strong tobaccos (i.e. English blends) containing Perique and Latakia most of the time, but on occasion I enjoy an aromatic. I'm always looking for a mild aromatic - one that doesn't make me feel as if I'm smoking wildly flavored snow cone syrup. This is a perfect mild aromatic! I smoked it in my Gentleman MM (which I usually use for aromatics). It burned extremely extremely cool - the pipe was just barely warm. Every time I took smoke into my mouth, the tip of my tongue tingled with a mild sweetness - almost like I had dipped my finger in sugar and then touched the tip of my tongue. This mild sweetness was blended perfectly into the smoky spicy flavor of the tobacco. This blend smoked easy, smooth, and pleasant...I could image myself smoking this all day...while reading, working in the shop, or nodding off on the back porch. I think this would be a great blend for first-time pipe smokers as well. Definitely recommended. :puffy:

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks guys. And thanks Lawrence, I think I will submit it to LuxuryTobaccoReviews - I haven't made a contribution to the site yet.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I wholeheartedly agree with your review. Shortcut is probably my all time favorite blend so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.