PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I bought one of these about a month ago.
61lmAVQUcvL._SY355_.jpg

They are marketed by TightVac and their website has the following blurb:

"The 6 oz. / .57 liter / 150g SnackVac storage container fits in most purses & bags. TightVac is the ultimate vacuum container for spices and herbs, food storage, coffee and tea storage, or for anything you want to keep fresh and dry. SnackVac is Odor-Proof, Air Tight, and Super Water Resistant. It sucks out air as the cap is pushed down, creating a vacuum seal. Featuring a cool, modern design, SnackVac keeps food and herbs ultra fresh. Extremely strong and durable, SnackVac is easy to open - just push the button down and pull the cap off. It's the answer to all of your food storage needs!"
I even contacted the company and asked if these would be good for keeping tobacco for 1-3 months storage (I was going to use them for my "open" baccy that I was smoking thru. Well after a month of testing some Annie Kake it is dry as a bone. Epic fail on my part for trusting them and on their part for false claims. Just thought I should toss out an FYI in case anyone else ever has the same idea.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I stay with jars, even for stuff I'm smoking a lot of. They're much cheaper. You do know you can rehydrate it with a little distilled water, right?

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Just out of curiosity, why did you spend the money for something that has a much cheaper replacement? There was recently a thread on Mason jars (not that there have not been many, many before) describing low flat jars that hold about 2 ounces. Or you can separate larger amounts into mylar bags with zip lock closures; I have been amazed with how well the tobacco keeps in them.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Purely for looks. It would have looked upscale to have a dozen of these up on the shelf. :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Never thought of that. I like seeing the tobacco through the glass. Sometimes I drool at the sight of a dozen delicious blends just waiting to be burned.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It reminds me of when I was a little kid, going to the touristy "general stores" with their jars of colorful stick candy. Just the grown-up, tobacco version of that. Drool...

Status
Not open for further replies.