PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
I think my next pipe is going to be a bit more compact than my current one but with a larger bowl. I really like the short briar cutty look but also the bulldog and most of its variants. Right not I have a Butz Choquin Flash but it has a rather small bowl so I am thinking of an upgrade. Any info about the pros and cons, brands or similar facts are greatly appreciated. I should mention I am trying to spend under 60-70 dollars
Thanks everyone, Yllwbeard

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
A cutty will likely have basically straight sides like a billiard, but a bulldog will have a conical bowl, which to me concentrates the flavors at bowl's end quite a bit. And there's less briar usually at the bottom of a doggie, at least in my experience, requiring a more careful break in. So your own smoking preferences might steer you in one direction or the other. I like 'em both!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have not pulled the trigger on a cutty shape yet. But I have 4 Bulldogs and each one smokes great. The most expensive is a Butz Choquin I got for $50 brand new. All the rest I got for $9 each on ebay. One of the inexpensive ones is gorgeous. If you are patient and wait for good looking pipes on ebay you can afford a few. Or pick up one brand new bulldog. Either way I think you will be happy with the dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.