Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
DSC_0019_zps1hfqgqik.jpg

DSC_0020_zps6vcnyzvc.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsw8q8xrok.jpg

Been meaning to share this! Only the MM stem in the box. Shipped the same day as the rest of my order....

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
That is ridiculous. I had a similar packaging experiance when I ordered a Buttner reamer from Amazon.com. It was so lost in the cavernous box full of packing peanuts that I was ready to believe they forgot to put it in there.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
I hate this, so wasteful. Envelope would have done the job, if nothing else.

In their defense and only speculation, maybe this was the smallest box they have. They may of had to send someone out to buy an envelope, and they probably have a Ca tract with the shipping service. It may have cost them just as much to ship with an envelop. Sometimes things that seem ludicrous to us, has some contractual basis to it that makes sense on the other end of the deal.

Or, maybe they really wanted to make absolute assurance that absolutely nothing happens to your stem in transit. Either way, win win. You now have a cool box. :puffy:

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
I get all that but I'm an ornery and picky old fogey so I'll just reject your logic and go on enjoying my grumpiness.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've said it before, & I'll say it again. The world's gone mad! Won't be long & they'll be including a book on the dangers of smoking, & photos of cancerous lungs & such like.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
You want to be careful what you wish for! Here in England they've recently increased the health warning pictures on the pouches to over two thirds of the frontage.

Their also trying to increase the shock factor with even more gruesome photos. All totally pointless as we all know, but there you are, worlds gone mad.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The world has gone mad, and been mad for some time. Pipe smoking is a momentary break while one contemplates how best to break the madness.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
That might be the best packaged item I've ever seen from P&C. Finally, something that didn't arrive dented! :lol:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
jacks6

That might be the best packaged item I've ever seen from P&C. Finally, something that didn't arrive dented! :lol:
Lol I am in the process of returning a bunch of stuff now

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Simon is right, the UK has some r4eally cool photos on cigarette packs. It's fun to see how many you can collect in two weeks.
That's one way to piss off the regulatory bodies.
"Cigarette sales have gone up, why?!"
"Well, these jerks are collecting the packs!"

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Haha, it is like the dish they bring at those expensive Italian restaurants. You order something fancy and they bring a plate with the diameter of a truck tire and a meal on it like a bird crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.