PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The 5 plugs I ordered from James Fox in Dublin, Ireland arrived today. Excellent service and no issues receiving it. We'll be sharing this at the next Lehigh Valley Pipe Club meeting later this month. Of course I'll be nibbling a bit away before hand; just to be sure they'll be acceptable to the group. Kind of looks like a bake sale, doesn't it?

K

klause

The Yachtsman is, to my mind, the tobacco of the gods - it is simply sublime. The Warrior follows close behind.
The Erinmore? Well, that is in a universe of its own - quite simply a beautiful tobacco.
Enjoy!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Didn't know you could order from James Fox. Good to know. Nice haul! I love Warrior Plug.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I didn't know Erinmore came in plug form.
Did you order online or did you call them?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
sallow, I ordered online. The prices they list are with VAT. They deduct the VAT on shipments outside the EU. The whole order with shipping came to about US$108 for 250 grams of tobacco. Just had to satisfy my curiosity.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Love it when my curiosity has an orgasm, leaving it satisfied, albeit, temporarily.
'bout how many bowls do you burn at one meeting?

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Wow! Those just LOOK awesome. Are there many decent true plugs for sale in the U.S.? I've got Gaslight, but that's it.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks, might have to try them. I've ordered from Mr S before, also out of curiosity. It is hard to justify the price differential on this side of the pond.
I have a brick of Warrior that I haven't cut yet. I enjoyed the Revor plug, and the Condor Long Cut is very unique, I only have one flake left. I also ordered some snuff which you can't get here.
Nice haul.
By the way jmatt, try Petersons perfect plug.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
OK, I sliced off some Velvan before going out to dinner and just lit it up. First impressions are very positive. I get a bit of a fruit and honey from the beginning of the bowl. Not the least bit overpowering but a fig. honey in the background. I'm liking thins very much.

As for the pricing between Fox and UK tobacconists- be aware that the Fox prices include VAT which is deducted when you buy from the US. The UK prices may be without VAT. Anyway, I'm happy with my decision to do business with Fox. No problems at all and 6 days from order to delivery. Can't beat that for service.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Just finished some Yachtsman. Pure Burley/Virginia. Honestly, I think I prefer the taste of the Velvan so far. More testing tomorrow, this is a lot of fun.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo John
WTG on Fox. Does shipping go up proportionately? ie if we were to pool orders with some Morley's pipers and get maybe 500-1000 g, would we save on shipping?
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.