PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just wondering who else has seen the episodes for the latest series of Sherlock from the BBC.
This first two episodes were AMAZING! Such great character development. I have to say The Sign Of Three is by far my favorite one yet.
Very excited for the last episode which airs tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the genius' Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat have in store for us fans!
Almost forgot to mention that Janine, Mary's Maid of Honor, is HOT AS HELL!!!

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Nice, I'm about to start watching the series for the first time. I mean, not tonight or anything, but soon. Sooner now after reading this post and seeing Mark Gatiss' name. I love me some League of Gentlemen. :mrgreen:

Aug 1, 2012
Loved the first 2 series and now I'm waiting (im)patiently for the 3rd series to come out on itunes as I abandoned pay TV a little while ago to save a bill. Glad to hear it's a good one.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
If you're keen on the Sherlock franchise, over here in the US we've got a "twist" version called 'Elementary' (currently in its' 2nd season) where our man Sherlock is, of course, a brilliant detective, but is a recovering heroine addict and Dr. Watson is actually a woman (and it's actress Lucy Liu to boot!!).
Fantastic series, highly recommended!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2191671/?ref_=nv_sr_1

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I live in the States, Las Vegas Nevada. I just have a top secret way of seeing the BBC Sherlock when it airs in Britain. God bless the 21st century! lol.
I've seen an episode or two of Elementary and I just haven't gotten into it. The guy playing Holmes isn't Benedict Cumberbatch and Lucy Liu isn't Martin Freeman and the writing isn't Moffat and Gatiss.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm interested in watching it. I'm a Doctor Who fan (another Moffat program, I won't call myself a Whovian though) and just in-general like British shows and have always loved Sherlock Holmes as a reader.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Sherlock is absolutely one of the best shows on TV...I also really enjoy Elementary...but Sherlock is without a doubt I favorite new show on TV to come out in the last 10 years...

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I miss the pipe and tobacco references in "Sherlock", no "three pipe problems" for him to contemplate in the new series. That being said, I don't miss Sherlock stabbing himself with a syringe of cocaine when he's bored and doesn't have a case! Still, the literary Sherlock seems to me to be a much more interesting (and difficult to live with) character than the new ones. Plus, nicotine patches are just lame!
All that aside, I still enjoy the series.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The BBC series is my favorite of the two currently available. That being said, give me Holmes with pipe any day of the week. I agree, nicotine patches are lame.
Mike S.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I miss the pipe and tobacco references in "Sherlock", no "three pipe problems" for him to contemplate in the new series. That being said, I don't miss Sherlock stabbing himself with a syringe of cocaine when he's bored and doesn't have a case! Still, the literary Sherlock seems to me to be a much more interesting (and difficult to live with) character than the new ones. Plus, nicotine patches are just lame!
I do too. The nicotine patch 'three patch problem' was a clever twist on the original, but still. I think they've moved beyond the source material and kind of watered it down to something very second rate in this third series.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Sherlock is really good! (still wish he had a pipe)..Elementary I just can't do, there is to much PC for the sake of PC...Just my opinion.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Watched episode two of series three, the wedding episode, last night. The part where Holmes and Watson go out for a night on the town before the wedding had me laughing like crazy!!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I thought episode two drug a little bit, particularly during Sherlock's Bestman speech.
As good as these shows are when you are only getting three or four episodes every year or two is a bummer. Considering how many balls they have in the air I guess I should grateful to Messrs. Gattis & Moffat for all they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.