PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
I bought a Sherlock Holmes pipe Cabinet with the glass door and 23 pipes for 80 bucks. There's was a Comoys Christmas 1986, a St Claude Gold Touch, Italian Handmade Briar, Kaywoodie , Yello Bole, Dr Grabow and some broken pipes. There is one pipe marked Bernard III that I can't find any info on. I pretty new to buying pipes and don't really know what I'm doing. Hopefully I made out okay.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I'm sure I've seen those cabinets go for more than $80 on their own! So, with twenty odd pipes as well, even if only one or two are useable (after some solid cleaning and restoration), I'd say you got yourself a fantastic deal.
You got any photos?

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks I haven't taken any yet, I'm not quite sure how to post photos on here?

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
I like the Comoys Christmas pipe I've started cleaning it up I'll try to post some pics when it's finished.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
jon39:
Um, you SCORED. I love the Comoy Christmas pipes of the 70s and 80s, and, for me, that pipe alone would have been worth the $80 (even though I don't love a full bent).
Congratulations!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
SCORE!!! I dream of those finds, good job. Make a photobucket account if you don't have one already, upload, and then copy and paste the link here and your good to go.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for the info everybody. I just smoked some Red Cake out of the Kaywoodie that I got, smoked pretty good.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
HELL YEA!!! Congrats on what sounds like a great score!! Welcome to the forums and when you get a chance lets see some pics... because if you hang around here long enough you will here this quote... IF you don't have pics , it didn't happen!! :lol: but seriously sounds like a hell of a good deal. Hope you enjoy.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
image_zps45f192a7.jpg
[/URL][/img]
image_zpsbf0bc4f8.jpg
[/URL][/img]

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Jon,
First off welcome to the forums. Second......SCORE!!!!!!!! For $80 you have a cabinet and a great starting rotation to smoke, do resto work on, or a combination of both. From what I can see most of those don't need anything more than a simple cleaning, a disinfecting the stem, and you're off. Great job.
Oh yeah, if you couldn't tell, we are pipe picture whores here. :rofl:
Dan

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I'm pretty sure that cabinet is made of pure asbestos, lead, mercury, and radon. You need to send it to me immediately for proper "disposal"... :lol:

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I'd say that was a great score ... odds are, some of those are good pipes ...
BTW, search for Dr. Bernard pipes ... you'll find some info pretty quick

Status
Not open for further replies.