PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
Don't you love it when you innocently order a tin of tobacco only to find when it arrives that it is 8 years old ? :lol:
I ordered a tin of McClelland Grand Orientals -Yenidje Supreme to try it out as I really enjoyed Drama Reserve. According to the stamp on its back its from a 2007 batch! Yummy....
IMG_0558_zpsj7ryklic.jpg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have a couple of the Grand Oriental offerings with the 2007 date stamp. I definitely made sure to stock up on the Yenice Agonya while it was available!

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
That's excellent, to bad this isn't a more common occurrence. :puffy:
I totally agree. In fact, McClelland is the only manufacturer I have ever experienced this with. I have gotten lucky with the odd MacBaren blend, but most of the time the blend has been produced within the last 6 months.
I feel it would take substantial capital to produce and store blends for aging prior to selling. Some of the larger conglomerate's might be able to do this. But the more butique blenders would have a very difficult time.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
Now... What are the odds of ordering from the same place and getting more tins like this? Is this like the batch they have or is this a fluke within a new batch?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
What are the odds of ordering from the same place and getting more tins like this?
I would think your odds are pretty good. Hell, call the supplier and ask them if they have anymore 2007 tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.