PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I've amassed a vast collection over the years. I most notably enjoy try unavailable blends from yesteryear. That being said, I've been playing with the idea of offering some for others to try and appreciate. So, I'd like to offer a sample to the first person that PMs me. The only thing I ask in return is that you PM me what you usually smoke and how long you've been smoking, and after you try what I've sent you, you have post in this thread your thoughts. I will offer this each time I open a new tin. Who wants in? I can only offer this to the continental US states. And I don't think I can send into Washington state.
First up is Levin Pipes no longer produced PCCA Hairy Larry from 1997. Tin says- a stoved full Latakia mixture. Rich tobacco for heavy relaxing. The finest Virginias and Cyprian and Syrian Latakia stoves together for added richness. Larry's favorite.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
DSCF7130_zps4e827133.jpg

Here's a pic.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Yes, nice offer. If it was a Virginia I might have tried. Let us know once you try it Sparks

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
So maybe it won't be just PM number one. I have five samples going out this round. All Hairy Larry is now spoken for. Stay tuned for the next offering. I'll have a few to pick from.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Since its my golden birthday today I'm feeling happy. So I am offering up three more. First to PM me gets a sample. Only one choice per member for this round.
1996 McCranie Red Ribbon Tin dated 2006

DSCF7079_zpsab9c40b8.jpg

MacBaren Burley London Blend Tin dated 2005

DSCF7029_zps6a420cb9.jpg

Butera Kingfisher No Tin Date

buterakingfisher.jpg

jtpipe

Lurker
Dec 22, 2014
I would be happy to partake in the BLB, or if I have missed my chance any others you have you may offer. This is a wonderful treat you offering to us. PM sent

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
You won't be preventing others from their chance. I have enough for you to try as well as the other two members that requested some :)

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I'll have more blends to offer. Hopefully at least one each month. It appears there is quite a bit of interest.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
click, generous offer. I'm really intrigued (for the interest, not bidding for it) with the Mac Barens London burley blend,

since it says it is "long matured to bring out this golden brown blend." I've always felt that burley benefited from aging,

but all the emphasis on aging relates to Virginia blends. Clearly, someone at Mac Barens, at some point, thought that

burley ages well too. Noteworthy!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
On a side note. I am tni nking burley generally is aged quite a bit after it is cut. All tobaccos are but I had read somewhere that burley can take longer or it can be a harsh smoke. Also, because of the ,low sugar content, burley ages well but does not necessarily change much or develop in flavors in an amount that say a Virginia would.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
All samples have went out EXCEPT, I am delinquent on the red ribbon. I ran out of stamps so I should have the 4 red ribbon samples out this weekend. I apologize for the delay.
Also, if any of you want to send me something in return (as I think everyone has offered), the only two tobaccos on my to try list at the moment, are Condor and the seattle pipe club's plum pudding. Two bowlfuls of each would do me just fine. Other than that, just enjoy the samples, post your thoughts, I need nothing in return.
I'm thinking the next up will be some McClelland Christmas Cheer 1992, maybe this upcoming weekend. I will have to limit this one to 2 people only. I'll let you know when the round opens. Just giving you guys a heads up.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I got mine yesterday, and I have to say it is very very smoky. I'm looking forward to it for sure. Thanks again for the more than generous offer.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
First let me thank cilckklick for his generosity is sending me a sample to try of this wonderful tobacco.
PCCA Hairy Larry from 1997
Tin Notes:
Hairy Larry a stoved, full Latakia mixture. Rich tobacco for heavy relaxing. The finest Virginias and Cyprian and Syrian Latakia stoved together for added richness. Larry's favorite.
Strength: Medium

Flavor: Medium

Taste: Medium
The tin note was the rich smell of the Stoved Virginia. On the charring light and true light the Citrus and tangy flavor of the Virginians was the predominate flavor. I assume that over the years of aging the Cyprian and Syrian Latakia mellowed quite a bit. Not having the pleasure of smoking the blend back in 1997 I could say how much they did mellow, but now they were minor players in the flavor profile. Hairy Larry smoke well and down to a light gray ash with no dottle. I would highly recommend this blend, but I do not think that it can be easily found.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Alright. Set for tomorrow, the first two people to PM me after 12pm central standard time, will receive one bowls worth of McClelland Christmas Cheer 1992.
Picture of my tin

DSCF7049_zpse7da7b7e.jpg

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
After I catch up on the rest of the samples There will have been 12 sent out total. I expect you guys to live up to the end of your deals and post your thoughts in this thread. This is all I ask.
Hope you are having as much fun as I am. Especially since I used all of my wife's stamps up :)

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Hope lots of member take the chance of try and enjoy smoking every month from the nice member.

Status
Not open for further replies.