PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Had a guy, okay technically two, ask me to take a hit off my pipe this weekend. I was at a homebrewing festival in Northern California and a club member asked if he could try it out. Normally I might say no, but he's a friend. He mentioned afterwards that he used to smoke a pipe and got heavy into cigars for a few years. I had another club member mention that he also had a pipe laying around. Then, randomly, I had a complete stranger come up to me one night and ask if he could try a hit. This seemed odd. So, I explained to him that it was just a tobacco pipe. He said he knew that, but he'd never tried a pipe and was curious. Perhaps the beer was working its magic in my veins or perhaps I was eager to spread this fine hobby, but I let him try it out. I think I might buy up some MM seconds or some other cheap pipes and just start carrying them with me to pass out in the future. Didn't know I was going to be Mr. Popular! :lol:

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
lol....I was thinking the same thing without any similar experience. I was going to get that bag of 2nds from MM (just saw them today) and save them for a night out with my pipe as I often get all kinds of comments about it. Also, there are the times when your camping and other campers walk over to your fire or boat, etc. It would be nice to break out some pipes and let everyone take part in the pipe smoking hobby. Great post!

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
sharing my pipe is how i got over half of my friends including girlfriend smoking a pipe. my only hesitancy in having a spare cob to smoke it that packing and keeping lit on their own my be a little complicated and off putting for someone just wanting a try. but having said all that sounds like a great plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.