PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I feel the same way I just prefer to keep my pipes personal. It's like a relationship.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Sharing one of your pipes, and knowing that you will alcohol clean the pipe before you smoke it again, no problem.
Passing the -same- pipe back and forth...only acceptable with someone I would not mind swapping spit with, like with someone I am intimate with.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
When I was a young teen, I had this -girlfriend- that would kiss me and push her gum into my mouth.
I thought it was beyond gross, until my mom caught us doing it one time and became beyond furious.
Then, I loved it!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Nope. I keep a couple of unsmoked cobs around just in case. I would just as soon use someone else's toothbrush as share a tobacco pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Without getting phobic, I think it's fair to keep pipes between you and your significant other. You probably

wouldn't get oral herpes, cold sores, a chest virus, etc., if you smoked after someone else by mistake, without

the big alcohol cleaning, but why do it? Most people understand if you don't want to share your toothbrush.

Why should this denote unnecessary squeamishness? I keep an unused MM cob on hand, to share if needed.

Some pipe smokers think they can re-infect themselves with a cold if they don't exorcise their pipes. Maybe so.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Never. Get a bag of MM smokeable seconds for such occasions and let them keep the pipe.

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
When asked if a friend could smoke one of my pipes, I thought for a while and reached into my pipe bag to retrieve a Dr. Grabow Viking metal pipe. It is easily cleansed with alcohol and washed with soap and hot water. No problem.
And, may have converted a new member of BOTL.
:twisted:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
No I wouldn't share a pipe.
I'm kind of surprised that this was even a question. Perhaps this was a joke?

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
I keep a bag of MM cobs around for people who want to smoke with me. I have had people pick up a pipe and stick it in their mouth, I just keep smiling and shepherd them away, that pipe gets an alcohol cleaning before I smoke it again.

magicsmoke7

Lurker
Aug 22, 2013
Ohio
I mean, if its a cute girl and she's good with hygiene and not all nasty, sure. What's a few seconds of oral contact gonna do?

Although, keeping some unused MM cobs around doesn't sound like a bad idea..

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I only hesitate if A: I don't know the person very well (then its just a flat "no") or B: it's one of my higher end or more sentimental pipes. I'd say about half of my pipes qualify as something I'd probably not share, but I offer my good friends a bowl of the others pretty often, especially if they don't have their own pipe on them or I think they should try a particular pipe or tobacco. I do not lend them out, but I'm perfectly comfortable with a trusted friend smoking one of these pipes when I'm present. It just doesn't really bother me.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
NO!!!!!!! I would be offended if someone asked me to smoke or mouth one of my pipes. I would offer them a cigar instead, then I would reconsider our friendship.
Faux pas indeed sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.