PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Hi All,
The site would not support mass PM...sorry.
Call these guys and good luck! Please limit to one foil or tin per type of tobacco as I have been informed by these fellas that this is their policy on the hard to find ones. Remember to ask about others though, they might have some gems I don't know about.
Hardwickes: 317-257-5915 S.Gawith line, Astley 109, Balkan Sobranie, Special Latakia Flake were the ones I saw recently...ask for others though depending on your taste. Ask if their other store has what youre looking for if they do not.
Pipe Puffer: 317-881-2957 Esoterica in foil and tins, MacB London Burley, Balkan Sobranie were the ones I saw recently...ask for others though depending on your taste.
The Briar and the Burley: 812-332-3300 S.Gawith line, Esoterica mostly in foil but also some tins, Balkan Sobranie, Pelican by Butera were the ones I saw recently...ask for others though depending on your taste.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Pipe puffers has esoterica fo about $55 an 8 oz bag. 1 tin of sobriene
briar and the burley has no esoterica but does have sobriene for 14.99 a tin limit 4.
thanks for the info

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Never had any of the esoterica blends - seems to be like a unicorn for me, to rich for my blood! Thanks for the heads up

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Seadogontheland......Thank you, as a central Indiana local you have now cut off mine (and all other locals) supply of hard to acquire blends, Congratulations!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Come on guys ... good intentions were meant and not everyone will read this thread.
Of those that do read this thread, not everyone will call or even care about these blends.
I'm in that latter boat ... no competition here.
Also, if you are local, then you already knew about this and have already stocked up ... right? :wink:

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
If anyone comes across a few tins of penzance let me know. I prefer the tins over bulk.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks from the tip. I am excited to try stonehaven for the first time. I was only allowed to buy 1 bag which exactly what I wanted.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Telephone-operator-006.jpg
A few phone numbers...quaint, really.

00026388.jpg
The hardcore scroungers have call lists as long as your arm. They have them in their computers on auto-dial. I know of several who have employees that do the calling for them, 10 hours a day, in massive call centers. Some have workers that drive from town to town, scavenging the shelves of B&M's, chasing down rumors of rare blends.
Semi-Truck-Driver.jpg
At least one member here took a part-time job as a truck driver in Northbrook, IL on the off chance that he might be able to hijack a shipment of Esoterica from Arango.
These are serious people.
653_main.jpg
Take a look back at PM Forum members who posted here one, two and three years ago. Many of them have disappeared, vanished, gone without a trace. Ever wonder what happened to them? Ever notice that they were the ones who bragged about having 5 pounds of some Esoterica blend, and seven pounds of Balkan Sobrani in cutter tops? Just sayin'.
home_invasion.jpg
Giving out a few phone numbers...that was considerate. I just hope that Seadog is ready when the hoarders come, in the dead of night, to pump him for more information.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I applaud the post. Well done and I hope to see more of this.
Seadogontheland......Thank you, as a central Indiana local you have now cut off mine (and all other locals) supply of hard to acquire blends, Congratulations!
I will be happy to inform the retailers of your concerns......

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I'm really glad that some of you guys got to make a score. It tickles me to think of you anticipating the arrival of the blend, opening the box, reveling in when you will open the tin, luxuriating in those first puffs...its what we live for and I love to live vicariously...again a tickle.
Thank you for the support Woods and Pete, means a good deal to me. But no time to wait, I have to hunt down some chocolate Ensure plus without Splenda for my granny...she loves the good old blend with sugar and that stuff is rare as hell...My goal is take down every all night pharmacy in town!! Yahoo!!
:)

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
(Rubbing hands together and cackling manically) Yes...I shall cellar a ton liquid nutrition for my memaw!

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I called Pipe Puffer yesterday but didn't get through. Gave it a shot before 10am, not really expecting to find anybody home or, if I did, doubted if there would be any of the good stuff left in stock.
I was pleasantly surprised. I scored a bag of Stonehaven and a tin of Balkan Sobranie and tin of GLP Robusto. They told me I got the last of the Stonehaven and Sobranie.
There goes my February tobacco budget.
Thanks SeaDog. I had my doubts about you when you first showed up but you're all right in my book. You've gone above and beyond the call needed to make up your innocent faux pax.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
-brass, Thank you, I'm glad we are in well together now! Good to hear they had some of the good stuff left for you. I have not tried the GLP Robusto, want to though. Enjoy your find!!
-For others, there might still be some Sobranie at Hardwickes or Briar/Burfley and maybe some Pelican at B/B...simply refer to the numbers at the beginning of this thread and give them a call. FVF in tins might be at the B/B as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.