PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Well, briefly now, I'm a bit unsatisfied with how one of my brand new(model 999) Peterson pipes stem button is finished,and I thought If I'm gonna file it to a better shape, nonetheless the stem is Acrylic, does this cause any unexpected problems? In the past, I was doing this with a couple of vulcanite stems.Thanks for the Pieces of Advice, Much appreciated.Greets,P

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No problems at all. I've reshaped with files several times. Just have a preferred button on hand for something to look at while you work, and work slowly only removing a little bit of material at a time until you reach the desired result.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
It’s harder material so don’t press hard, let the file do the work but expect it to take longer than vulcanite.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, I usually reshape my Castello buttons(make them more Dunhill like in dimensions).

Measure twice, cut once! (well, file/sand)

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks Gentlemen, Funny think my caliber reads this 999 Peterson Acrylic stem is somewhat thicker than the similar one made of ebonite,yet the button is higher,if I cant get accustomed to it after few smokes I will start processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.