PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
So I love my Savinelli Bing's favorite. One of the things I love about it is the length as well as the very slight bend. Does anyone know what that type of gentle bend is called? If it doesn't have a name can you guys at least mention other pipes within that style...
That being said: I REALLY love this damn pipe. Gift from my wife, it's dedicated to burley and just looks classy as hell...

May 31, 2012
Bings bend????

:)

I like it!
Bing-O-Bend
...alot of princes have that ever slight bend too.
Little known trivia fact:

Bing Crosby had a Sixten Ivarsson pipe,

as seen on set in 1954's White Christmas:

bing-crosby-corbis-530-85.jpg

...I thought that was pretty damn cool when I found that out, you know what a S. Ivarsson pipe sells for, imagine the escalation of price if solid provenance for Bing's ownership could be proven, it staggers the mind what that pipe would end up selling for...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice Bing had a Sixten Ivarsson, since he was such a devoted pipe man. For those of us who can't own an Ivarsson,

the Stanwell shape 86, which comes in various finishes at various price levels, was designed for Stanwell by Sixten,

so though you may not be able to get a handmade pipe by the man himself, you can own a pipe designed by him.

I think of him every time I light up that Stany.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's a beautiful burner and elegant as hell. I especially love the club and golf ball logo on that brindled stem.
Shoot, I'm old enough to remember when the Pebble Beach Pro Am Tournament was also known as "The Crosby" and sometimes as "Bing's Clambake." Bing always played, as did Jack Lemmon, but they never made the cut to the championship round.
Crosby was a terrible husband, probably an even worse father, but he was a rock star to U.S. pipe smokers.
Treasure your wife, pal. She took some extra steps to get you a present that would please.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.