PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I started smoking a pipe about 3 years ago. I started with a couple of pipes I had bought in Ukraine and a little silver banded billiard I found in a box of junk while helping a friend prepare for a yard sale. When I started the habbit, my wife was concerned that I would get addicted to tobacco, but she soon realized that my real addiction was to pipes. I have bought and restored many others and sold them or given them away. Some of these I got here on the forum or were given to me as gifts, and the rest were the result of uncontrolable PAD. If anybody wants a close up or wants to know more feel free to ask. Never get tired of talking about my pipes. I'm sure there will be more added in the future, as after all you can never have too many pipes. I recently took most of these to pipe club, we had a discussion about pipe shapes and how those shapes got their names. Anyway here they are.
image-28_zps9cd6ee3b.jpg

image-28_zpsda5b7a70.jpg

image-28_zps70803aef.jpg

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Very nice collection. You've got a great range of shapes and styles. How do you like your calabash style pipes? I've been thinking I need to add one to my pipes.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Swhipple, I enjoy the calabash, the small one was my first meer. It smokes great and is perfect for trying new blends. The large I got for xmas, it needs de-oxidized, so I haven't smoked it yet. Good eye Dervis, the pickaxe is a mario grade it is a great smoker and a nice chunk of briar. And Rcstan, the churchwarden is a racing green Peterson.

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
I have that cigar pipe, what tobacco do you use in yours?

Nice collection !!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
The cigar pipe smokes well, the trick is to roll it as you smoke like you would a cigar for an even burn, also it is good to have a czeck tool for tamping. Use the poker to unscrew the end cap, tamp, and put cap back on, but generally this isn't necessary as you pack it tighter than a normal pipe. It is the perfect pie for smoking in the wind and will be going with me on the AT. Oh and I smoke whatever in it.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'll take the Oom Paul :) Seriously though, you should pace yourself! You got the same experiance as me, and I got 3 good pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.