PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I've been at this hobby for about 6 years. I got started because one of my buddies smoked a pipe and I found it very relaxing. My wife at first was against the idea because she was afraid I would get addicted to tobacco and though I of course love tobacco, my real addiction comes from pipes. I took a couple of pics of my current collection. There are other pipes tucked here and there in the man cave, gifts from people that I like to look at but will never smoke or some that need heavy restoration and I hope to get to one day, but the pipes I have pictured are the pipes that I actually smoke. And though there are many and I have favorites, each of these get an occasional turn. There are a few new additions that are still in the process of restoration, the Dunhill Cavalier, and 3 of the long Canadians. Also amazing 33 of these pipes were gifts, most of which came from brothers on this forum.

This first pic is all of my pipes that have Vulcanite stems. I store my Vulcanites in socks in a drawer to keep them from oxidizing. Some of the socks don't really match the make of the pipe laying on it.

This second pic are my Acrylic stemmed pipes, my meers, a porcelain, and a couple clays.

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
That's a nice collection of briar.
Really like that volcano-like freehand in the first photo!
happy-047.gif

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A great collection for sure!

I like the wide variety of shapes, colours and sizes. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Superb collection! One of them reminds me to someday acquire a volcano. I wonder if Paul's Shop in Flint, MI makes a Cayuga volcano? If not, I'll have to hunt for one. Who is a good maker of volcanos, and who carries them? (I also have to post a photo of a wonderful tamper tool that shantiques gave me when I mentioned my own tamper broke. Post coming soon.)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Fantastic Collection! I really like that blasted poker in the top photo, and what are those 3 canadians in the 2nd pic, below the meer? That bottom one is almost as long as the churchwarden!! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.