PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
742FF7E6-9169-4585-B0C1-BE0B55C47599-28383-00003809460F7153_zps5d73bace.jpg
Received quite a large package yesterday, Opened it and there was this lovely large Freehand with tons of tins of Sutliff Tobbaco. I was gonna wait till morning th put the match to it but around Midnight PMon started barking so suited up for Springles and Logs, if you have a dog you know what I mean. Dave had asked for a picture of me smoking it so I packed really tight getting ready to put it thru its paces, it's a big hunk of Briar, he happened to be up and we started messageing . I started to give Hume a performance test, took out my Thermal gun and smoking really fast it was 118 on outside if bowl, 1/2 down 138, puffing hard down to btm 148 these are all degrees. Took several pictures of inside the bowl 1/2 down 3/4 down and then to the magic moment., The Bottom, Most high quality briar tastes sweet to the first few smokes, lo and behold it was very sweet. Dave is a fine young man and it is an honor to be his Friend. Las Pa La Patot!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
There seems to be a lot of kick ass people on here. Not just those sharing knowledge and experience, but briar and smoke. Real good community that I'm happy to be a member of. Ya'll are a credit to the site.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations to both members.
An excellent gift to create and and excellent gift to receive. Two individuals are very happy. Could not ask for a better situation.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Glad to see ya enjoying the pipe Bradley! I've seen it coming along through several stages, and I knew it was going to be a beauty that would make you happy!

Dave does some great work, without a doubt.

This place continues to be a rare retreat on the interwebs.

-PM

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
A class guy gifted a beautiful handmade burner to a beloved class guy on this forum.
Talk about a win-win situation.
Fnord

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Dave is a class act for sure. That is a fine looking freehand and it couldn't have been gifted to a nicer guy. Congrats all around :clap:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for all of the compliments, gents. Bradley is a good friend and has been nothing but an encouragement in my pipe making endeavors and he even went as far as sending me one of my white whales, a Nording Bear. So I decided to make him this pipe. I will post up some other photos of it soon if anyone is interested. The stem is a turquoise cumberland and I stained the burl black sanding it down so as to leave the low areas black. Bradley worked for Exxon for a number of years so I was going for an oily looking accent. Anyway, it is always fun to make a pipe for someone and try to tailor it specifically to that person. This pipe would be my old cajun interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.