PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I said I wouldn't post again till Shadow is all better. Well today she ate for the 1st time in 8 days. Thats right 8 days. I fixed her boiled hamburger and she took two bites. I thimk to see if she would be able to keep it down. I took her to the vet yesterday around 3pm since I didnt take her Thursday which was the only day last week that she didnt go cause she was doing so good then yesterday she puked again so I ran her up there for a anti vomit shot and fluids just to be safe and check to see that she was not dehydrated. Vet said he would be SHOCKED if she did NOT pull through. Just now about 9am she took some food. I would love to thamk each of you for your kind words and prayers and PM messages. I think today she will finally get some nutrients which she desperately needs and be back to her bumming food from me in no time. I wont carevone bit for I might even fix us both a steak later this week!! For those whomdont know she had Parvo last friday and was diagnosed last Sunday. I had given her a Parvo sh I t when she was 3 months but didnt know she needed 3 of them. I have told all my neighbors too. Her birthday (1st) was this past 7th. What a birthday and she was in heat (1st) last weekend which is why I thought he puking was normal. Sorry to ramble on stay tuned for some ACTION pics of my best friend!! Thank you all again. . One HAPPY marine33----Richard

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Thank god bud, I was starting to get worried not hearing any updates. I'm glad she's doing a lot better.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
That's awesome. So glad to hear more positive news. I hope things keep in this direction.

Jan 8, 2013
Very good news. If she is back to eating that is a solid sign. It will take some time for her to recover fully, but it sounds like she is on track. I am really glad to hear it.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
That is great news, glad the pooch is on the mend. Good job telling your neighbors she'll be infectious for a bit, too. I say a steak is most definitely required; it wasn't too long ago Parvo was always fatal. Not this time. Way to go, Shadow.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Awesome news. Glad to hear Shadow is eating. My wife lost a Shepard to that horrible disease when we were dating and it crushed her. Good job on nursing that dog back!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Glad to hear it Richard. For the edification of anyone reading this, my wife is a veterinarian, and she tells me that this is an all too common occurrence among those who try to vaccinate their pets themselves, or who don't follow through on the full range of vaccinations. They don't know what's required, try and save a few bucks, and end up paying for it big time down the road--in money and in grief. If your dog is your best friend, give him or her the full range of medical care that your best friend deserves. Veterinarians spend a lot of years learning how to care for your companion. That, and that alone is their bottom line. I can't tell you how happy I am that Shadow is on the mend. Please give her the best medical care from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.