Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

SG Order

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just got in an order of SG FVF, BBF and Navy Flake. Tried the FVF this evening. Most tasty again like ODF the other night. Really liking this Virginia journey I've been on. I never thought they would be this good. If I do my part they are far more enjoyable than the english blends I've enjoyed for years.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'd be putting those VA blends away to age, and smoking some brown rope #4 while I waited

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

FVF is good when from a new tin, but when compared to a tin that has at least a year's worth of age on it, it's a steamy, hot mess. Mike has it right... Put them away and let them age a bit. They are certainly worth the wait.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just ordered 2 tins of FVF myself along with some Anniversary Kake and some Irish Rope. Might not get to either for some time as I need to finish a bunch of opened tins. I figure everything is gonna age until at least June.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have put most of it to age in mason jars. I just wanted to see what the hubub was all about. I can hardly wait till next year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

AK is awesome, BBF and FVF are first and second. I really believe we are going to see AK become insane in 1,5,10 years. I'm excited and stocking.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

I have a few tins of ODF coming my way to add to my collection. I have a few tins of FVF aging now and won't be ready until later in the year. I plan to purchase more.

Jason

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

mustang, the more you smoke the VA's the more you will move away from the English blends, I have seen this many times. There is just something about a great VA flake that is tough to beat. You might want to get your hands on some Solani Silver Flake, it is some tasty stuff.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just popped a tin of BBF yesterday that I set aside in the fall of 2007. Very nice indeed. (Have enough BBF set aside that all I smoke is 5 year old.)

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

You might want to get your hands on some Solani Silver Flake, it is some tasty stuff.

Solani Silver Flake is pretty amazing. Impressive how R.L. Will can take two tobaccos and come up with such a knock-out blend.

I've a review of this #660 posted here and on tobaccoreviews.com. if anyone's interested.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll look into that silver flake.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the bright side All those English lovers can stay on the dark side ...

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the bright side All those English lovers can stay on the dark side ...

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   kcvet67, patiobum, mzpuff, darwin, beefeater33, lucky695, escioe, mcitinner1, mikestanley, ravkesef