PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Has anyone tried Sam Gawith's Navy Flake ? It is described as Virginia and Latakia with a dash of Navy Rum and says it is a medium strength aromatic.I am wondering if it is a Latakia blend with a spot of rum or an Aro. BTW I tried my first flake today first time for many years and I like the flake cut. Tom

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
I just got some of that today. If it wasn't raining right now I'd be outside smoking a bowl. Ill let you know how it turns out soon as I get a chance.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Lawrence, that's MacBaren's you linked to man. Which I have smoked and am coming around to it. First couple of bowls weren't as enjoyable as I thought it should be, so I'm letting it age a little and will come back to it.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Its fantastic, you'll love it....maybe. I recently found a tin in a california headshop. Excited ,was I !!!

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I have a tin of it opened right now. Personally I would not call it an aero. I for some reason have a hard time keeping it lit. I don't know why. I don't have that problem with any others..but I do like it when I can keep it lit. Ill try it again in the next day or so and get back if anything changes. But its a good tobacco all n all. Its also the only straight navy flake I have tried so far.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I just read the cover and it says "choice virginias blended with latakia."

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Ok so in fairness to SG Navy flake i just prepared it differently and it is staying lit much better.with my other flakes I just fold and scuff up a bit. Doesn't work with this one. So this time I Shred it up to tiny pieces and its working much better and is very good. Glad you got me to revisit it because I was a little frustrated by it before. So its all in the prep..live and learn

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Glad you went back tp it Echopipe.Thanks for all your comments,I will order a tin today and smoke it as Latakia blend. The Aro I am smokinking at the moment is Connoisseurs Choise and that was recomended here. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.