PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedez1

Lurker
Feb 16, 2015
the Italian brochure of the product describes this mixture as a Virginia & Italian Kentucky blend.

This site www.gqtobaccos.com/samuel-gawith-la...d/#.VO2YXUIqSGQ explains that this blend is supposed to be sold essentially in Italian market (although it doesn’t speak about the Italian origin of the kentucky, instead of the italian brochure); I think the reason would be the kentucky (I think fire cured) presence, very friendly to the average italian pipe smoker. Italian pipe smokers often alternate pipe and Toscano cigars, and always (I repeat: “always”) knows the second very well; so it seems a logic choice for the SG to suggest a kentucky based blend to Italian customers.

Opening the tin you will pervaded by the flavor; intense, full but not nasty. Quite wet in the tin, it results fresh and dry in the smoking. Not particular problems in combustion; full aroma, I fill it a little spicy, with an undertone of leather and roasted wood.

I tried it just once, in the morning, in a new lubinski meerschaum, and my first impression is definitely positive. I wan’t to try it a second time in a briar pipe (maybe my Castello Collection).

The price in Italy (taxes included) is 20 euros for a 50g tin. Not exactly cheap for italian prices, but - imho - it seems a very well expended money
cs55y.jpg

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I like Gwaith's blends, so I'll be on the look out for this one fedez.
"20 Euros 8O "
€21.80 the tin, Gwaith's blends in Dublin 8O
8O

Status
Not open for further replies.