PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I just bought my first tin of BBF and I am wondering if it should look like this. I really like what it looks like, but is this normal? I have read that it is usually wet, and my tin certainly was wet, but the moisture level seems to have "destroyed" the flakes, leaving only two in tact. Cool, but typical?
iWSa2kP.jpg

reVGoFu.jpg

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Yeah, I also considered that the plume showed the age of the tin, and explained the state of the flakes.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
That's not normal, my BBF along with other SG flakes were not broken at all, but they did come very very wet. Enjoy nonetheless and keep in mind if you order more, they are most likely going to not be broken up like that.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Almost every tin I've ordered looked like this, and that's over 5 or 6 different orders. Still smokes great, and since I rub the flakes out it really doesn't bother me.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
Certain manufacturers put out immaculate flakes every time. Neither Gawith is among them. Normal.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Abnormal, yes, but it's a good thing. Both it and FVF usually resemble moist beef jerky and take a lot of drying time and other screwing with to get them to smoke "right". If the moisture is at the proper level ( I like them on the dry crumbly side ), you should be able to just stretch-and-stuff them in your pipe and have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.