PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
On my second small-bowl fill with her, taking it slow on this new blend for me...

Might love/hate...hmmm smokin in a MM-cob but I think the flavor is very different...power of bacci is enjoyable but again

I respect her power and haven't had any bad Nic-hits yet...watcha all think of 1792?

Jul 12, 2011
:) I always test the water on new blends for power...great/diff flavor...think me likes it...again like what you smoke/smoke what you like...for me it is about balance....flavor/Nic power works best for me

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Watch out for the Nic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I received from from baskerville59 in a trade and after 15 mins PM'd him to say it was not that bad...... 30 minutes later I was picking myself up off my deck!!!! Hit like a brick....... :worship:
Otherwise I likes it.. I just have to take it slow............

Jul 12, 2011
From tobaccoreviews.com:

This is a full strength, mellow tobacco comprising a blend of dark fired Tanzanian leaf. It is Gawith's best-selling premium grade flake. It starts as 7 lbs. of hand stripped leaf and goes through a steaming process prior to being pressed. The cake, having been prepared, is wrapped in a select leaf and packed by hand into a 12 inch square. This cake is pressed and left for a minimum of two hours. Then, the pressed cake is placed into a steam press where it is baked at full heat for two to three hours. The baked cake has then taken on 1792's characteristic rich, dark color. It's hardening occurs during cooling. Once the process of cutting the flake and adding a tonquin flavor is carried out, hand wrapping and packing finalizes 1792, making it ready for rubbing into your pipe. Also sold as Cob Flake in Europe.
1st bowl I had after dinner last night...hmmm this tonquin flavor....didn't think I was gonna like it..after a nice breakfast

This AM I packed up in a MM-Country Gent, and off I went...very nice flavors (after about 6+ hours of dry time and still was burnin up my flints...worth the extra strikes :)

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Hard to find, but well worth the search. Very enjoyable smoke, to be enjoyed slowly. If not, well, it can be a self correcting problem after you pick yourself up from the floor. :puffpipe:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm not completely sold on it yet, but it has its place in my cellar, but it is a rare blend that I smoke only once in a great while.
-Jason

Jul 12, 2011
Ok, a few more bowls down...report is that I found this stuff has to

Be almost dried to a crisp for a nice burn...but OH what a burn it is...super nice flavor (that grew on me) and now it is in rotation...I just take out enough flake to dry for 24hrs and

It is rockin

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have about 8 oz on hand right now. I initially just had a sample of it and didn't care for it, but the more I smoked it, the more I liked it. Unfortunately, I'm fairly nicotine sensitive. So, I try to smoke it slowly and on a full stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.