PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Not sure what link your a referring to, perhaps you could post a link to the page listing the ones that have gone away.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
The Sutliff link from their ad. Then click on Mac Baren products
Rich

4noggins.com

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Looks to be:
Burley Blend

HH Highland Blend

HH Mature Virginia

Honey and Chocolate

Navy Mixture

Norwood

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
Honey and chocolate was one of the nastiest blends I have ever tried. Couldn't even finish a bowl of it without feeling ill. Still have a pretty close to full 100g tin of the stuff going to waste.

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
Yeah pylorns it seems to be a Marmite blend. Don't tell anyone but I don't like Frog Morton Cellar (shhhh). I was going to chuck it but will hang on to it now in case anyone is after some. Might be a tad dry but not so much that it will be ruined.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"Honey and chocolate was one of the nastiest blends I have ever tried. Couldn't even finish a bowl of it without feeling ill. Still have a pretty close to full 100g tin of the stuff going to waste."
See and I thought it was just me! Thank you, yes one of the God awful nastiest substances masqurading as tobacco!

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mac Barens has many admirers, though I have never gotten into their blends. The Navy Mix is one of

the few blends which I have tweaked and dried and aged and mixed with others, and never found so

good. My interpretation was they they had put together too many different tobaccos and cancelled out

the virtues of most or all of them. Maybe I will now retire my tin to the compost. That one I won't miss.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I am a fan of Burley London Blend, although I don't smoke it often. It is a good solid smoke. I guess I'll try to put a few more tins in the cellar.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I wonder if "discontinued" means discontinued production, or discontinued import to US? Mac Baren's site doesn't have any mention of this.
I personally like HH Mature VA, and would be sad to see it go.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I think it might be worth picking up some Mature Virginia and Burley Blend for the cellar. Don't smoke em often, but if they will no longer be available, should get some for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.