Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is pretty awesome -
"We've got literally seven minutes to get from the top of the atmosphere to the surface of Mars, going from 13,000 miles an hour to zero," Tom Rivellini, a NASA engineer, tells the camera with a grim face and deadpan delivery. "If any one thing doesn’t work just right, it's game over."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Impressive. I wonder why they stopped using the triangular bundle of balloons that bounced along the ground. That seemed pretty effect too.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
So many things that can go wrong...It will be a miracle if the space-craft actually lands un damaged...

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I wonder why they stopped using the triangular bundle of balloons that bounced along the ground.
Curiosity is simply too large.

The last two were about the size of a small refrigerator.

Curiosity is about the size of a good sized Jeep.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I saw where they say the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxy are on a collision course with each other.In a about 4 billion years.Cool video.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks Kevin, awesome video. Anyone who think we should be cutting NASA's budget is nuts. More technology has come out of that program than any other in the history of mankind. Those guys are geniuses.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
I really thought from the title, this was about someone forcing another to smoke a straight Virginia for 7 minutes.

adam12

May 16, 2011
Ha. I was expecting it to be about the last seven minutes of an eBay auction, where the price of a Stanwell went from about $10 to $2,956.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
why would a Stanwell cost 3 k? Thats ASTRONOMICAL. Also....I sure hope we dont piss the Martians off. This landing should be a big win for the space program, if it works. Another giant step for mankind.

adam12

May 16, 2011
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HOW LATE DO I HAVE TO STAY UP TO WATCH A COMPUTER LAND ON A BUNCH OF ROCKS A ZILLION MILES AWAY
Lawrence you promised. What gives?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
"Touch down confirmed."
Edit: One of the first pictures. Shadow of Curiosity on Mars.
Azl7GwDCAAA4m96.png

Status
Not open for further replies.