PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipebuddy

Would you pay $400 for THAT? Not me; even if it was given to me, I wouldn't smoke it. "Special heat-resistant polymer".... :roll:
Look, on top of that, at how badly the stem is fitted to the shank. This looks so totally plastic...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No.
But I also would not buy—at those prices and above—some of the briar free-hands that some think are beautiful.
Where found? Description?

P

pipebuddy

This one is offered at smokingpipes.com. But there are worse models in this series...
http://www.vauen.de/en/pipes/diamond.aspx?ref=9

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I like the non-skeletonized blue diamond version... Honestly though, I'm so tired of people using a 3D printer and then charging absurd prices for their products.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
At the risk of re-opening the whole Werner Mummert silly pipe debacle, that is not in my wheelhouse at any price.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I actually like the concept and overall look of the pipe portion. I agree the look is destroyed by that miserable stem fit. A clean and proportionate stem fit always looks good but becomes paramount when the pipe has such clean, straight lines and geometric shilloutte. For the price I would expect much better fit and finish.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
That's for the guy who also likes skeleton wrist watches.
65mTg3j.jpg

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
It also looks like there are gaps between the briar and the skeleton, I think that throws it off too. I think it would look much less cheesy if the execution was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.