PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Indeed!
My father was a Marine. And he, as well, would have turned 100 this year.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
If you want somehing broken you call the Army. Now if you want something Destroyed you call the Marines.
Semper Fi

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Heartfelt thank you for your services.
Please clarify the USMC 100th birthday for me.

As I understood the Corp was founded in the 18th century:
10 November 1775 – April 1783

11 July 1798 – present

(240 years, 9 months) ≠ 100 years
What am I missing or not understanding?

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Son Ben is a USMC 2nd Lt. and just graduated eighth in his class from Artillery School last week at Ft. Sill, OK. (Not the armpit I expected.) He's off to Camp Lejeune and points east within the next few weeks/months.
Ben, and his twin brother, Sam, will be home for the Labor Day weekend. Trust me, we'll make every moment count.
Both of these assholes are craft beer snobs, but Susie and I are happy to foot the bill. To have both home, under the same roof and safe, thank you, God.
Please watch over and protect Ben, St. Barbara.
Semper Fi,
Fnord

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Hi Jim,

Great news about Ben, I figured he was through TBS but

I didn't know he was at Ft. Lawton. That's a tough course, and the Marine detachment guys usually fill the top ten finishing spots. I thrilled both your guys will be home safe and sound, I'm sure you and your wife will make the most of their visit.
What unit is Ben going to? Andy is with 1/12 in Hawaii; right now he is in Japan with his Fire Support Team. Please give my regards and kudos to Ben on completing a very long, difficult path to being a Marine officer, I know how proud you must be. Don't be too hard on the guys for being craft beer snobs, maybe you can school them in the art of mixing cocktails.
All the best to your sons, and my prayers are with them.
Warm regards,

Bill

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Hia, Bill:
You're too infrequent around here, my friend.
Ben is with 2/10 and his cannon cocking unit is known as The Gunslingers.
He also informed me that your Andy is known as a "Lava Dog" (Hawaii Marines) and he spoke very highly of their unit pride, current training schedule and UDPs to Japan. Ben wants to know if Andy had the opportunity to meet a Capt. Pye, a recent arrival from 1/12, currently attending Artillery Instructor School at Ft. Sill. I met him before Ben's graduation ceremony and he is one squared away, Greek god handsome, got his shit wired together, Marine officer.
I think our boys are in pretty good hands, Bill.
And, at 1:21 a.m. Ben just walked in the door.
Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Happy Labor Day to you Fnord! God Bless your sons.......... You should be very proud, but craft beer is the WAY man......

Stroh's/Coor's/Bud just don't cut it no more!!!.......... Have a good one..... :puffy:

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I often have some choice words and sympathy for the marines, but given the confusion of this thread, and the knowledge of their actual birthday, I'll chalk it up to their IQ. Happy Thursday marines!

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
OOOHRAH! Retired Marine - 1979-2003. Still work for The Corps at Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
OOOHRAH! Retired Marine - 1979-2003. Still work for The Corps at Marine Corps Base Hawaii. I'd like to recommend to all C&D's Montford Point Marine. A great smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.