PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
Quick question to you Ebay sellers. My wife sold some stuff on Ebay and the status is that their payments status is completed but funds not yet available. What the heck does that mean?

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
ive never had a 21 day hold i know ive had it show as paid but the money didnt show up in my account for a day or 2

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
If the item you sold is over a certain price then ebay requires on of the 3 things a 21 day hold, tracking number that says it reached its destination, or a positive feedback left. I have sold quite a few things on here and have had this happen a few times. Another new thing they are doing is also setting a hold for new sellers. Check what your paypal says.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
If she is a new seller with zero feedback, they have started holding the funds until the buyer posts positive feedback. Dont know all the details of it, just know I bought from a guy with 1 feedback, and he sent me a letter begging me to post feedback so he could get paid !

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Another condition is that someone paid pay pal with an echeck??. This has happened to me and pay pal sent notice not to ship the item until they notified me and the check cleared.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
New seller, you have to build sales. I believe this is a Paypal rule, not Ebay. Once proof of delivery is rec'd the funds will be available.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Some of the buyers have a Paypal acct but no funds, so it take awhile to get the funds from the their checking or savings acct to transfer to Paypal, then Paypal take a little longer to approve and take their percentage before posting on your acct. The buyers probably don't have "Instant Payment" set up on PayPal. If they did you'd have the funds in minutes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah, I didn't know that about Paypal & Ebay, but that makes sense.

Another reason I'd rather sell my occasional pipe here or on other boards.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Yea, once you cross the "T"s and dot the "i"s on ebay and Paypal work smoothly and fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.