PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I recently purchased a nice pipe on Ebay via BIN. A couple of days later, I noticed the seller had still not posted any shipping info, so I e-mailed her. She politely explained she was on vacation and would initiate shipping procedures when she returned (next week).

While I do not begrudge anyone their vacation time, I feel it is not exactly fair for me, the buyer who rushed to pay for this pipe, to have to wait so long for delivery. Perhaps she should have posted the item after returning from her vacation.

What do you think? Would you lower her feedback grading on this matter?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I would, personally. . . but I have pretty high expectations of eBay sellers. You know your vacation is coming up; either make arrangements for things to ship in your absence, take the pipe with you to mail while you're away, or don't schedule an auction during that time. I think it shows a careless approach to business.
Now, maybe this woman has never sold anything on eBay before. Or maybe she's just lackadaisical when it comes to how she does business.
If she hasn't shipped based on the shipping time frame noted in her posted auction, then I would actually initiate an action with eBay. That sends her a very clear message that she is not living up to her own stated timetable and that you're not a satisfied customer.
Maybe that's overly harsh. It could be; it's early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee yet. But I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to delayed shipping from eBay sellers to whom I've already paid the full price.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yep, she should have let you know there was going to be a delay. If everything else is OK, I would probably just ding her on the stars and still leave positive feedback.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
+ 1 on Mr English, I have almost the same situation, I paid within minutes of winning the pipe, this was on a Sunday night , Friday it still wasn"t marked as shipped so I contacted the seller and he said he would ship it that day , Monday morning it still hasn"t been listed as shipped , when I get it I will ding him on shipping speed but still give him a positive rating The old cajun

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Surely it is never a good idea to let the whole world know that you are going away on holiday and therefore letting the whole world know that your house is likely to be empty?
It doesn't take a genius to find out a personal home address!
The seller ought have waited until they returned afore offering listings.
Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.