Selfie Stick

(23 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by tbradsim1
  • Latest reply from jpmcwjr
  1. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wife comes in from shopping and says I've got you a Selfie Stick. I immediately go to my Cajun Dialect that I know annoys her and say Wha Dat? She says you have an IPHONE and can attach it on and take a picture. I say 10$ fu a stick, I can go to the pasture and get a stick fo free. She's very annoyed by now , hands on hip She says YOU DONT WANT IT? I extend it and tell her , might make a good back scratcher. She storms out the room. I really look at it then and say to myself Hot Damn Just What I wanted..

The Old Cajun
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lol...nice..love getting them all fired up like that..

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. pepesdad1

pepesdad1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You got a deathwish, old man?

Seriously, she must love you a lot.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. beezer

beezer

Login to Send PM

Ah, yes. The selfie stick. If you can prove to the government that you actually use it you might qualify for disability or some other form of government compensation since approximately 83% of selfie stick owners suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you're farsighted & your arms aren't long enough, it could help you read the newspaper.

Rebels been rebels since I don't know when
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You're the best, Brad.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  7. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

With some of those big ass pipes you have I can see why one might come in handy Brad. !!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It will also be of benefit when window peeping. Remember not to use the flash though.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. maxx

maxx

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Had to look that one up. Sort of like an inspection mirror. Or what Tom Hanks used in Saving Private Ryan.

"Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect."
    ~ Samuel Johnson ~
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. johnnyreb

johnnyreb

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Brad, that was very nice of your wife to get that for you! Make sure she knows how to use it:

Actually you are supposed to go on line to download the User Instructions:

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

She's still pissed, will show her this in couple days ,great one Johnny, HaHa

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

I knew this was a thread for a self prostate exam. I knew it!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Javan
    Posted 3 years ago #
  14. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone know the London Eye, the tourist ferris wheel on the Thames near Parliament in London? The security staff on that have what are essentially selfie sticks with mirrors on the end they run under the ferris wheel cars as each passes to unload passengers to make sure there are no bombs afixed. A good idea but not too reassuring.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. blackbeard

Tyler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The selfie stick....it still has me laughing. Why....why not just ask someone to take your picture? I seriously believe that next picture I'll ask my four year old niece to take it. Guess it's just one more way to cut out contact with other people. Missing the days when you asked a stranger to take your picture and hearing it wind up for the next one. Suppose that's unheard of now. If you see someone with a selfie stick...please ask if they know what an encyclopedia is. I've asked two and they looked at me funny and said no....don't ask your wife though. I would imagine she knows and no need to stoke the fire

Who is John Galt?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. brudnod

Spencer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Guess you weren't planning for an amorous evening...

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ask someone to take your picture and you'll soon be short one camera or smart phone in some parts of the world.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

...including parts of the world that aren't that far from wherever you live.

The cartoon is right on, but the other end should be used; otherwise a perfectly good phone has gone dark. Very dark!

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  19. blackbeard

Tyler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is true that people will run with your phone. Though, I like to chance it that way rather than them grabbing a stick with it from my hand as I look to the sky making a silly face.

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Ask someone to take your picture and you'll soon be short one camera or smart phone in some parts of the world.

hahah, I was going to say that. Actually, ask someone to take your picture and they will look at you like "are you serious? don't you have a front cam on your phone?"

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. blackbeard

Tyler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't have a front camera on my phone Don't carry my tablet or PS Vita around either. Also, I have had someone to take a picture for me with no issues. Actually, the other day we had a waitress where we had my nieces birthday take a picture of the family together as well. You would be surprised if you pick the right person out of the crowd how easy it is. I think actually....I might buy a selfie stick. Going to put a disposable camera on it and make people laugh.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

I don't have a front camera on my phone Don't carry my tablet or PS Vita around either. Also, I have had someone to take a picture for me with no issues. Actually, the other day we had a waitress where we had my nieces birthday take a picture of the family together as well. You would be surprised if you pick the right person out of the crowd how easy it is. I think actually....I might buy a selfie stick. Going to put a disposable camera on it and make people laugh.

I also ask people to take a picture of us when I am with family. I take pictures of people with great pleasure whenever they ask me. I don't mind doing that. But nowadays people are looking for "one more way to cut out contact with other people" as you stated above.

Posted 3 years ago #
  23. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I often volunteer to take a group photo, usually met with some appreciation. I don't have a selfie stick, but sometimes don't ask folks to take a photo of my family as they don't know how to take a good picture.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ben88, anthonyrosenthal74, redglow, donjgiles, grilledokra, ashdigger, railman