Seems I've got TAD Too. How Long Does Penzance Keep?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
:)
Scored FOUR 8 ounce sealed bags of Penzance today. Are the sealed Esoterica bags good for long term storage?
So in the past 5 days I've scored 6 tins of Balkan Sobranie, Two 2 ounce tins of Esoterica Margate, and now 2 POUNDS of Penzance. That should hold for.......a week?
I'm gonna need a 12 step program.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
jmatt:
The sealed Esoterica bags are NOT good for storage, and the tobacco inside is most probably now toxic and extremely hazardous. If you will forward it to me, then I will properly dispose of it for you! No charge, of course, just a simple courtesy (and possible life-saving offer) from one pipe-man to another.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I picked it up from a B&M. I actually talked to the U.S. distributor for J.F. Germain. He said they haven't had Penzanze in the 2 ounce tins to distribute to anyone since November 2013. He did say they've received some for distribution in the 8 ounce bags maybe twice this year. He thought the only/best way to find any was at B&M shops.
I'm not sure if I'm going to open a bag or cellar all four for a while. I've got about three pounds of tobacco "open" representing 15 different blends. With this purchase my cellar is about 13 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.