PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimshader

Lurker
Mar 5, 2016
Hello again all! Am placing an order with Paul's Pipe Shop out of Flint Mi. and would like to tap into your experiences and get a little clarification on some of their products before I order. First, these have nearly identical descriptions, Paul's Dark Night and Spangle and Sweet and Mild. All are aromatics with Cavendish and raspberry...are the the same thing/different...if so how?

Secondly, there seem to be a few different blends with black Cavendish and vanilla...namely, World Champion blend, Superblack Italian vanilla, Black Wall, and possibly 50th anniversary blend.

If you have tried these blends and could give me a better description to aid in the decision making process I would be extremely grateful!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Paul's Pipe Shop blends in house. I haven't tried any of the ones you mention, but his Arrowhead is by far the best vanilla aromatic I have smoked!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Unfortunately I can't help you with the blends you mentioned but a michiganlover mentioned the Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture is an absolute must try!! I canoe all the way up to Paul's from Canada a couple times a year just to buy a few ounces. :puffy:

Reactions: ChippewaAce

grimshader

Lurker
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks for the advice on the Arrowhead. That is my number one item on my list. I also tend to like black cavendish so probably snag one of the black cavendish with a bit of raspberry just for something new and different. One of my favorite black cavendish blends is called Midnight, used to buy it from a Mall store called Tinder Box, but that store has closed. It was just a pleasant, cool-smoking, non-aromatic blend of black cavendishs with no casing(s) and no smoke curing.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Of that list I've only tried Arrowhead and Sweet and Mild. I liked Sweet and Mild. Its exactly how it sounds. Kind of reminds me of a black and mild cigarello. Arrowhead I didn't much care for but I guess I'm a rarity in that regard. If you dig English blends try their C.S. Mott blend.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Haven't smoked any of those. They do blend everything in house; I can't imagine selling the same blend under different names - doesn't make much sense.

I'm another Arrowhead fan; I know Paul's calls it an aromatic, and maybe it smells nice; but all I taste is tobacco - don't taste vanilla or whatever at all.

Enjoy! :puffy:

grimshader

Lurker
Mar 5, 2016
And so I did, thank you Dan! I just received my order, Arrowhead, Sweet and Mild, Millenium blend, and they threw in a sample of Sunset Rum. Hopefully will have some reviews online soon. I must admit, I dislike rum as a drink, and probably never would have orderd that particular tobacco, but I am sure glad they sent it! Review hopefully coming soon!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Recently, a friend traded me a sample of Paul's English Toffee, which wasn't listed at TR.com. I called the shop and got the info needed to list it so I could post a review. I suggested that it was good for his business if Paul or one of his employees posted entries of his blends so people could review them, which may increase his sales a little. He agreed it should be done, but nothing has happened since then, so I guess it won't happen unless somebody gets the blends and info from him, and does what I did on that one blend.

grimshader

Lurker
Mar 5, 2016
That is a certainty. Although a part of me (the old side) says that I don't mind doing business the old fashioned way; it would help his business tremendously for someone in his organization to step up to the plate and give them a real web presence with up to date information on their site, and maybe the option to purchase online their tobacco products as well. I love to see small businesses thrive...they are the backbone of our communities and the american economy...but the reality of the world today is that web presence is essential for modern business.

Reactions: ChippewaAce
Status
Not open for further replies.