PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
PAD always bites hard when I get to seeing new pipes shown off and I had been itching to buy another already and was on the edge of the cliff looking for that next void I wanted to fill in my pipe shape list, so seeing Hoosierpipeguy post up his first acquisition of the year, pushed me off the cliff.
So I made my first pipe purchase of the year myself with a Rossi Vittoria 8815 Lumberman. I started out never really envisioning ownership of many straight stemmed pipes, preferring bents almost always. Then, through the likes of seeing the sweet longshank collection our esteemed Peckinpahhombre had commissioned, I found the beauty of the longshank shape.
This will be my first purchased longshank pipe and if I enjoy the way it smokes, I might be looking for something nicer down the road. I picked up an ounce of some PS LNF as well, since my pool of tobacco has been limited to mostly latakia heavy and OTC blends. Figured it was time to explore some other tobacco with the start of a new year.
002-577-3754.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Good on you for broadening your options. LNF is good stuff too.
Yeah, I just figured I might as well. You never know for sure if you don't like something until you've tried it! Looking forward to trying the baccy too.
Peer pressure is a dangerous drug Matt! That's a nice simple looking pipe. I too seem to prefer gents, but there is a sort of simple elegance to a straight pipe.
Yes it is Mike, VERY dangerous indeed! I do like the simplicity to it. Peck's collection he had commissioned is really what drove me to want one, but didn't feel comfortable dropping too much at once on something I wasn't sure I'd like, so this was my cheaper "in" on the longshanks.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Excellent choice on both! Both the Rossi Vittorias and LNF are strong values that stand on their own merits.
I will say I've noticed a bit of an increased break-in period smoking straight VA in the two Vittorias I own. Must be the bowl coating, coupled with the mildness of Virginias.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
That’s a great pipe Carolina. You will enjoy the straight shank for sure. Let us know how she smokes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No more for me, my collecting bug has gone elsewhere now, but being a Savinelli subsidiary, that Rossi is going to serve you very well. Classic shape and very classy finish. :clap:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I've got two of those Vittoria pipes, a 320 and a Canadian. They smoke absolutely great and for the price you just can't beat them. I like that they don't have a filter, but wish the stems were a little gentler on my teeth, but since I don't clench that much it isn't really a problem.
Great scratch! Nice pipe, hope you enjoy it!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like long shank pipes, the Canadian shape family, what I call the most stately pipes. I also like my Vittoria; the whole Rossi line has improved from its beginning.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
That’s a really good looking pipe and LNF is one of my top tobaccos to enjoy, regards.

banjo

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Handsome pipe. I've got 3 Rossis and like them all. No complaints.

Jan 8, 2013
Classy looking pipe! I'm normally not a fan of black blasts (I own only one), but that's nice! Enjoy the heck out of it :clap:

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Straight pipes are the best, and Stokkebye's Navy Flake is a great smoke. I always keep some one hand, especially for the morning time. Very fine choices, most definitely.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks all, I really can't wait to get it. I've had my eyes on some of these for a while and just never pulled the trigger. Saw a few I was watching disappear before I decided to hit click and wished I'd done it, but didn't think this one was too badly priced for entry level, plus it's a Savinelli subsidiary so I figured that ain't too bad.
Thinking if I like this one, the next one I'll seek is one of the Punto Oro Gold's with the same profile. I think they look sharp too.
Really looking forward to the LNF as well. Haven't stepped in that direction yet, so I believe it deserves a fair shake. Not sure how much perique is present, but it'll be an interesting change of pace for me. Seen so many talk about it that I had it on my list to try.
Anthony, I'm not usually a fan of black either, but this one seems like it fits it really well.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Beautiful pipe. I too favor bent pipes but would really like to add some straights. The 1/4 bent saddle stem is always a big hit with me but your new pipe has definitely got me wanting something like that.
New pipe, new tobacco. Doesn't get much better than that. Please report back. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.