PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
Picked up the pipe again in January after several years. My usual favorites are Vapers like Escudo, PS Bullseye, and the various navy flakes, and the english Frog Morton Cellar. I still had some I-Q from twenty five years ago to enjoy as well (another whole story). But I succumbed to the temptation of the seductive ads on the Pipes magazine web-site and the commercial on the podcasts and ordered a tin of the Sutliff Moto Dolce a few weeks back. The tin is now gone.
Wow. Sweet, light, flavorful. I am not much of a flavor identifier, but I'll be damned if I didn't get something that reminded me of coconut. It was wet, oily stuff, crackled when I lit it, but burned down to ashes each time in my high dollar naked cob! :) No bite, just sweet flavor and pleasing room note. Great with a morning cup of coffee. I know some folks don't view it as a very masculine blend, but darn it, a Pina colada can sometimes replace the straight bourbons and scotches that I usually prefer.
Next order I place will include a couple of tins. Heck, even the price is right. Especially for the newbies and those looking for an aromatic that offers something different, give it a try.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Yeah, those ads make it seem like unicorn farts. I bought a tin, but haven't cracked it yet.
Nice review!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't smoked Molto Dolce yet, but I have enjoyed other Sutliff aromatics, though mostly smoking burley blends

and English blends based on Virginia, and Va/Pers. Now and then, a good aromatic is a fine change of pace.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm a Molto Dolce fan myself. I have moved away from shopping aros, but Molto Dolce or Sutliff's Country Estate have a place in my cabinet since I smoke aros at work and in my vehicle.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Molto Dolce is one of my favorites for when I need something for my sweet tooth. It's funny though because I shared some with a friend recently (he hadn't tried it before), and he immediately said "wow, this is like a coconut bomb". I never picked up on that before, but now it is the predominant aroma I get out of it. Good thing I like coconut!

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
Macabra11, I feel much better now that someone else discerned the coconut taste. Just thought I was weird or something! :)

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I got a free tin back when Sutliff was doing a promo giveaway, and it was one of the first tins I made it all the way through. I've got another on order right now... :D

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
image1.jpg

Ghost and Defargin,
Are you not aware that UFs are going to replace coal fired power plants under the new power plant regulations?

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've gone through several tins of Molto Dolce and enjoy it. Recently, though, I've taken a liking to "County Cork" which is an Irish Cream and whisky blend. I spent a week away on vacation smoking only that in the same pipe so it's pretty much become seasoned with that blend. It's been very enjoyable as an evening smoke.

dwt63

Lurker
Jan 7, 2014
I'm an aro fan. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Molto Dolce. I think it has more of a honey/vanilla flavor as opposed to coconut.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I think I have to try some of that Molto a Dolce. I hope it's as good as the radio commercial insinuates. Good marketing.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
If you like Molto then try the Moulin Rouge. I think the name has changed to Cabaret Rouge for legal reasons.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I had a bowl of Molto Dolce last night in a Connoisseur bent freehand sitter--two hours of fragrant, honey coated bliss. Not certain what compares, and it isn't an all day smoke, but it certainly is a slice of heaven.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I like aros and english bends equally, however Molto made me stop, look at my pipe and say "wow that's sweet and tasty!" If you've ever smoked a hookah tobacco (sheesha) Molto comes pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.