PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hey All the holiday season is coming up quickly, I was wondering if people would be interested in doing a secret Santa this year. YouTube's pipe community has one where you buy two tins of tobacco. i think it's a cool idea. We could keep it USA and have one for our friends up North and across the pond. Unless you were ok with shipping international. Of course this would be on the honor system.

Thoughts?
Cheers

Gunnar
Oh mods if you feel this would fits in a different section feel free to move it.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I'm in. This could be a cool idea to try out some different blends. Also, instead of two tins maybe just set a price limit? just an idea.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
im thinking if everyone emails me with their full name address and if they are willing or not willing to ship international, then ill either write out everyone's name divide it up by country/willing to ship international and then draw and put two together (old fashioned) or I can try to whip up a Excel spreadsheet to randomize it for me, of course I haven't used Excel in a a few years but I could do it. Unless someone else wants to :nana:

Would a $25 cap +shipping of your choice work for everyone? Im thinking of having this open for awhile so alot of people can see this and more people can get in on it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
In the email one could provide their preferred kind of tobacco, that would help people decide what to buy

Jul 15, 2011
There was a Secret Santa on the forum last year but I cant remember who organized and did the planning for all of it. Maybe Ill check the archives and get back to you guys. I was kind of figuring that someone on the forum would put one together to this year.

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Duncan made it last year, but being as I'm never around I never know who still frequents the forum.

Jul 15, 2011
I would organize it but Ive been working 10 to 12 hour days and I am my girlfriends designated driver for the pain meds that she is on, so I probably wouldn't have the time to organize something like that. Hopefully someone will step forward to do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.