PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
In looking at photos from some of your cellars, I notice some of you are keeping your unopened tins in some kind of (plastic?) cylinder with a screw top.
This strikes me as a good idea. What are those things and where do you find them?
Also, what other ways do people store sealed tins other than stacking them up in a cabinet or Rubbermaid?

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
The jars are glass jars with screw on lids that seal. The brand I use are Ball Jars. If you do a thread search you will find a couple of good threads concerning all issues of storage. I store my tins as is in their original tins until I am ready to open and smoke. Then when the tin is opened I transfer to a jar for storage until smoked up.

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
Thanks. I also use Ball jars for bulk and opened tins. What I'm looking for is some kind of airtight and maybe stackable container that will hold five or ten sealed tins. This way if one of my sealed tins springs a leak, I'll be better able to find and isolate it.
As I have it now if one of my tins loses its seal my whole cellar (closet) smells of tobacco. I don't mind but the wife . . .

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I think I know what your talking about and I if I'm not mistaken I think Harris aka Cigrmaster uses them. You should PM him.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
They're just plastic rectangular bins. I get the same ones Harris uses, buy them at Wal-Mart. They are not air tight, they have paid flip latches to hold the top on. They stack nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.